Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel Filter - Frame mounted
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2006, 01:37 PM
66GMC's Avatar
66GMC 66GMC is offline
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Olds, Alberta Canada
Age: 59
Posts: 2,764
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 33
Thanked 94 Times in 89 Posts
Fuel Filter - Frame mounted

Hi guys,
As some of you know, I'm a "parts guy" ... but this one is driving me nuts!

I'm looking for a frame-mounted (remote) cannister-style fuel filter / sediment bowl for my truck project, which I want to mount between the tank and my Holley "Blue" electric fuel pump.

I KNOW that I've seen them (chromed?), but I just can't recall where.

I do know that they were used on 1979 (-ish) Ford Medium / Heavy trucks with a gas engine. I think that the Ford number was D9HZ-9155-A which was sold under the Motorcraft P/N FG-789. If this is the correct one, it has been discontinued by Ford.

They used the same filter and bowl that was used on many Ford and GM fuel pumps.

Here's a picture of the cannister element (WIX 33271 or Motorcraft FG-1-A):

Can anyone help me find this thing?

Reply With Quote