Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel Filter - Frame mounted
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ
I'm confused (as usual). You describe a frame mount canister style but show a pump mounted filter asm.

What are you working on and do you want a replaceable canister style or an inline style? Gas or diesel? A sediment bowl to me describes the style that had the glass bottom that you could see and drain the water from also. A water separator style is also available similiar to a spin-on oil filter with a drain petcock. OEM or aftermarket?

Sorry for being unclear ...
The unit that I'm looking for IS for gasoline.
It uses EXACTLY the same "steel can" (which I believe Ford actually calls a "sediment bowl") and EXACTLY the same filter element as the fuel pump pictured in my original post.

I have been told by others (that I spoke to in person this afternoon) that GM used the same (or at least very similar) remote filter on their gasoline-powered 3-ton trucks.

In fact, the shop foreman at a school-bus repair shop says that he had saved about 20 of these filter assemblies that had removed from their fleet of school buses when they had been converted from gasoline to propane.

They sold the last of those buses at the end of the 2005-2006 school year, and scrapped any spare parts (including these filters ... D-Oh!)

I just checked that application at Wix's website, and the cartridge number is identical.

This is the story of my life ... "A day late and a dollar short."

As far as "OEM or Aftermarket?" ... OEM for sure (as per above), but I'm pretty sure that I've also seen these units in gleaming chrome as well in somebody's catalog. I've checked the Mr.Gasket and Holley websites ... but wasn't able to find it there.