Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel/firing Problems with Fuel Injected TPI engine 87 camaro z28
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 07:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Fuel/firing Problems with Fuel Injected TPI engine 87 camaro z28

I am having some problems and dont know what the next step to do is. I have a 1987 camaro iroc-z z-28 TPI, 350 5.7L , I just bought it off a guy and it ran "ok" but i knew some work was needed to be right. First, the water pump was bad, so we changed it and then the starter went bad right after that(it was already giving us problems) so we changed the starter also. We changed the fuel pump and filter for kicks to make sure it hadent got any bad fuel, and put good fuel.the 4 front belts were also changed. We treated and changed the enigne/transmission oil and power steering fluid wich were all in serious need since the car had sat for some time, the guy claimed to have changed the engine and i talked to the original owner that my friend knew and he said his had a knock, and when we did have the other one running it seemed fine with no nocks . We checked the rotor / distributor cap and all were fine and then we checked to make sure all the spark plugs were firing, they were. We got down to the fuel injectors and they are spraying like they are supposed to, but my friend said that the spark plugs werent getting wet, and they were supposed to be, does anyone have any suggestions on what to check next?
thanks, Herschel