Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel/firing Problems with Fuel Injected TPI engine 87 camaro z28
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 05:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Add on

Sorry, the car was running before but when we were working with it and changed the water pump it started to slow and almost completly idle no matter how much gas given, now it went from running to currently just turning over and not cranking, trying to fire up once after you start turning it over but after that, just turning over. We also changed out the computer on it and my friend checked the fuel pressure before we started taking things apart to get down to the injectors(what a pain just for the injectors) and he said the fuel pressure was fine...the fuel pump was checked before and put back but the ring somehow got dropped into the tank we got it out and went bought a new pump with new seal rings , the guy at autozone said that without the ring in place it would not let the tank become pressurized so this we changed along with the new pump. well just thought i would try to give some more info on this what we did maybe someone could get a better picture than i gave before. Like i said it was running and kind of started to slow then before it crapped out it was just barely wanting to go when you gave it gas, not sure why. Where the fuel vacuum line is above the injectors(in that area toward the inside of the car not the nose) when we took the top off , we werent sure if we did it or it was already broken but that vacuum line looked like it was already broken, but if it was broken before how would it have ever ran....any advice?