Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel gauge for "Moon" type alum. gas tank?
View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
dinger's Avatar
dinger dinger is offline Moderator
Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Visalia, Ca.
Age: 64
Posts: 2,852
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 235
Thanked 263 Times in 183 Posts
Originally Posted by cboy
How do those units fasten to the tank? Most that I've seen have a flat top on them that bolts to the top of the thank. But with the curve of the aluminum tank, I can't imagine how those bolt in units would work.
Mine was next to the filler neck,the metal assembly epoxied on to the tank. It wasn't very pretty but it worked. It could have been prettied up but would have changed the look of the tank, I like the old style look. It was angled toward the body side so that much was not seen from the back.
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote