Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fuel injection question
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by chianesi
Its common knowledge to check the fuel pressure regulator after installing the gauge and checking the pressure, if it's not to specs. My apologies for not putting it in the last post. But if you read on you'll see that I meant replacing the pump as a last resort. Thanks!
Never assume "common knowledge" on an internet forum. The first thing in Hotrodders guidelines for posting says to be clear and provide as much info as possible when asking for help. He did not provide any worthwhile diagnostic information in his first post. Now after reading his second post it is very possible he has a bad pump but he should still get a pressure gauge and verify it correctly. Most fuel pressure tester kits will hook up to his shrader valve for a quick accurate result. Sorry if I seemed harsh but I prefer to go step by step, seeing exactly how much a poster really knows and what steps he/she has done so far before diagnosing anything. Just the way I am. Doesn't seem right to me to go "could be this, this, this, or that" without even knowing what symptoms there are or what tests have been done to lead a person to form their own assumptions. Over the years I've seen to many unnecessary parts installed in cars because of inadequate diagnostics. Once again, sorry for being a bit sarcastic.