Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Engine (
-   -   fuel injecton (

Hubastank 07-12-2008 05:34 PM

fuel injecton
Some Help Please,
I recently swapped the 305 for a Goodwrench 350 in my 1983 GMC Sierra Classic. This vehicle has the Rochester E4ME in it. I want to put fuel injecton on this vehicle. Can I use after market products or do I need to find a newer truck and use it's injection setup? Or am I just way off base with all of this? This is a California vehicle, so is any of this even possible. Any and all help appreciated.

GunnerTHB 07-12-2008 06:12 PM

the aftermarket option will be easier but will also be more should see if there is a Holley Commander system for your motor....i'm sure there is since it's a 350

Hubastank 07-12-2008 06:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. Isn't that the two barrel system that uses the stock intake, or is it the complete setup with the blower type air plenum? I remember that one was around 3 grand and the othe less than 1 thousand. I can always save up for whatever works, I want to know if there will be issues when time comes to smog.

GunnerTHB 07-12-2008 06:26 PM

the one that I've always seen is a MPFI system....I'm sure there are all different kinds of systems avalible tho, especially for sbc's

I am not knowledgable of the emissions laws in California tho so I can't help ya

Hubastank 07-12-2008 06:34 PM

Ok, that is the one with the manifold and and big plenum. I need to talk to a referee, but they are few and far between and it seems as if you need an appointment to just see one. Thanks for the help

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.