Hot Rod Forum banner

Fuel injector interchange

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  recnepswilliams 
#1 ·
I'm wondering what all fuel injectors fit a vehicle. I'm putting a turbo on a 1984 BMW with an M10 1.8 liter engine and it has the EV1 connectors bosch style fuel injectors, but i was wondering how i can tell what fuel injectors will fit my intake manifold and rail. I know i need around 60 lb/hr as a conservatively large injector, and I know the 1996 Mustang Cobra size fuel injectors fit this rail, what other cars have these same EV1 injectors that fit this rail and manifold?

The reason I ask is because I'm keeping it a budget build for a 300 horsepower 4 cylinder. So far I've only got $1800 in the car, the turbo, the intercooler, and i've programmed a $50 Arduino board from RadioShack to act as a piggyback ecu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, finding injectors is my last step, I'd just rather not buy all 8 injectors for a mustang to use only 4 :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.