Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fuel line fittings?
View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 PM
cobalt327's Avatar
cobalt327 cobalt327 is offline
Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,031
Wiki Edits: 1616

Thanks: 128
Thanked 616 Times in 565 Posts
Originally Posted by xpsyclonex2002
What kind of connectors are these called?
I've always called them a quick release coupling.

The cheap tool is one like:

Better tools are sold, obviously but this will get you through the job.

A compression fitting joint (for joining the JY line to the existing line) looks like:

Better than rubber, cheap but effective. Use a line clamp adjacent to the compression fitting.

The male QC connector looks just like the two male ends opposite from the female fitting end, BTW.

As long as your rod needs this exact filter for a reason, fine. Otherwise there are similar-type OEM and aftermarket filters that don't use the quick connect fittings.
Reply With Quote