Hot Rod Forum banner

fuel line fittings?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Pre-Tuner 
#1 ·
I have the following fuel filter for a 99 corvette that I am using on my 5.7 hemi swap. I am not familier with these new fuel line quick connect stuff. One side of this thing has barbs to slide a hose on but the discharge side has a quick connect. I believe the size is 3/8". How do I convert this to a hose? I went to NAPA and they looked at me like I was from Mars. I even went behind the counter and looked at what they had. It looked like all they had only items with female ends. It appears that the filter has a female end already.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there is a special tool to make the hard lines to fit the female ends its made by mastercool its about $400 , aeromotive made fittings to convert some of these to adapt to braided lines you have to look what they make , if it was me I would rather use the fuel filter from a 90s FI chevy truck( starting in 96) as the fittings are readily available from earls and theres no goofy special tools needed to change it .

#6 ·
xpsyclonex2002 said:
What kind of connectors are these called?
I've always called them a quick release coupling.

The cheap tool is one like:

Better tools are sold, obviously but this will get you through the job.

A compression fitting joint (for joining the JY line to the existing line) looks like:

Better than rubber, cheap but effective. Use a line clamp adjacent to the compression fitting.

The male QC connector looks just like the two male ends opposite from the female fitting end, BTW.

As long as your rod needs this exact filter for a reason, fine. Otherwise there are similar-type OEM and aftermarket filters that don't use the quick connect fittings.

#8 ·
xpsyclonex2002 said:
I already have the corvette filter. I can't take it back.
Lose the box? lol

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, that still doesn't mean you need to modify things just for the use of that filter, unless the ol' budget is killing you. They're are other filters that would surely be a better 'fit', I would think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.