Hot Rod Forum banner

fuel line recommendations

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  vicrod 
#1 ·
I AM BUILDING A 55 CHEVY SHOW TRUCK AND WOULD LIKE ADVICE ON WHICH FUEL LINES TO RUN. I MOVED THE TANK TO THE REAR USING CLASSIC PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS ALUMINUM TANK. WAS THINKING OF RUNNING THEM ALONGSIDE THE FRAME RAILS , NOT SURE WHAT WOULD LOOK THE BEST.STAINLESS STEEL,ALUMINUM, CHROME. IS THERE A CERTAIN COMPANY THAT COULD PROVIDE ME WITH EVRYTHING I NEED, FUEL LINES, FITTINGS CLAMPS ETC ANY TIPS OR RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :evil:

#2 ·
If it's a true show truck, I would run braided stainless and route them inside the frame rails, being sure to use through the wall fittings to avoid chafing. You can buy hose and AN fittings from JEG's, Summit Racing, Russell, Aeroquip, and many others.

Lose the caps, we can hear ya... :thumbup:

#3 ·
Jegs sells a silver or black powder coated 3/8" OD steel line you should check out. Fuel injection will require a return line which possibly can be smaller.
Then adapt to -08AN (3/8") fittings to run stainless braided flex line to the engine.
You need special 37* flaring tool to use AN fittings.
Stay away from aluminum tubing for fuel lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.