fuel pump/ fuel lines - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 02:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

fuel pump/ fuel lines

hi i have a ? about a 1979 camaro z28 we have a 355 sbc motor, patriot 202 alum heads, edelbrock performer manifold ,edelbrock 600 cfm carb. the car originally had 2 fuel lines and a vent line. one line was fuel into the fuel pump and then it had another return line back to the tank. Does the car need to have a return line? the mechanical edelbrock fuel pump i ordered 80 gph 6 psi only has a fitting for fuel into pump no return. I think the vent line from the tank runs up the left side of the car to the can in the front. the car has factory a/c . any help answers would be greatly appreciated. thanks bad apple

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

Hello I hope this helps you out. I have a chevy 96 s 10 that uses three lines. The biggest line will be your main line and the smaller one will be your return line. The littlest one will be your vent line. I do believe that is right for that part. The person i bought it from put a carbeurated 350 and I use only the main line and the other two they just cut off at a certain point and left them alone. I have had no issues running my carb this way. I use a cheapy mr gasket fuel pump wich ran me 40 bucks. With a carb setup you will just need the main line and will not use the other two. That should be all you need. I am guessing with that camaro it did not come with fuel injection since that was not big until around 1985 so you should be good to go. Hope anyone else can maybe chip in some info as well. Take care.
Eric
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:

hi there,

well if you have the 5/16" return line on the car then i would run a pump with the return port yes

the vent line will be the smallest one and it runs to the charcoal can up front

good luck

Last edited by fast68; 03-19-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.