Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fuel Pump Making Loud Noise
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
Napa used to make a mounting kit.....rubber biscuit with a stud out of each end....works fine. Pump needs to be mounted as low and close to the tank as possible. Make sure you use a good, high capacity filter before the pump.A normal 3/8 inline filter will not get the job done......................don't ask

I eliminated the sock filter on the inside tank pickup tube. Installed an inline metal 3/8 filter (like a GF-2 but in 3/8) in the suck line, and the stock Ford inline filter on the pressure side using the factory frame bracket also. I use the snap on type factory fuel line fittings everywhere, so the installation is fully factory compatable. The pump is mounted high up behind the differential on the trunk floor doubler brace and is no problem because the original tank's delivery system comes out the top of the tank anyway. It primes perfectly every time.

Never had one minute's trouble in 58,000 miles on one car, or on any car. yet.

I use the original fuel tanks and the only problem I have is that on a maximum effort launch with less than 1/2 tank of fuel the original tank pickup uncovers and I get fuel starvation about 40 feet out of the hole. So when I race, I make sure the tank is full.

Just my experience. Did the first 5.0 SFI conversion back in 92.

www.readershotrods.com