"Fuel-Saving Devices Debunked" - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 07:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

They wont let me in. I have all my teeth.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

tornado ?

My Case 580 backhoe has a tornado on the air intake, factory installed like the old plymouth , but the pipe goes down instead of sideways. , but it swirles the air and deposits the heavy dirt particles in a clear bowl that I have to ocassionally take apart and clean. Cow magnets help IF YOU Have a rusty, dirty fuel storage tank and adjust the intake to suck off the bottom, keeps the iron particles from holding the needle off the seat. I have a big clear filter on my tractor fuel storage and if I need to clean the tank and suck off the bottom that stuff goes in the weed burner. I remember seeing a Spark booster at the County fair. The guy had a tach mounted and showed the difference in Rpm when the device was installed. I asked him to pull a spark plug and show everyone that the plugs were gapped at twice the factory spec. and the booster would fire wide gap plugs. I said its cheaper to buy new spark plugs and gap them to Spec.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

Hot vapor

I now a guy who was also working on the hot vapor system. He said it worked buy required a lot of cleaning-maintenance maintenance cost exceeded fuel savings . He said that todays fuel is reformulated and gums up the system a lot faster and requires too much maintenance. he said if fuel was reformulated it would work.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Seems like alky could be a viable alternative to gasoline.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 AM
boatbob2

Baah Humbug!!!!

Hi,i had the cow magnet,the tornado,a vapor carb,and a few more items (cant remember their names) all on my 1966 Mustang,they worked so well (and still do)that i sell my excess gasoling to Shell oil co.i make over $1,000.00 a month.( selling that excess gas)the only problem,is that if shell doesnt send their tanker 2 times a week,i have to burn the excess gas,and my FIRE DEPARTMENT is getting P----D at me....HAHA
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc
Fuel saving device.............more control over your right foot.

I have done a lot of study in the "Hypermiling" subject and this is without a doubt the best way to save fuel. Most people would be blown away that an EASY 15-20% can be saved with VERY simple driving technques. I know that it blew me away when I started using these simple technques. I now laugh as I watch people speeding past me only to stop at the top light in their little gas saving car.

Brian
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM

Last journal entry: Long time no journal entry, pulled hood tonight.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I have done a lot of study in the "Hypermiling" subject and this is without a doubt the best way to save fuel. Most people would be blown away that an EASY 15-20% can be saved with VERY simple driving technques. I know that it blew me away when I started using these simple technques. I now laugh as I watch people speeding past me only to stop at the top light in their little gas saving car.

Brian
Just one or two of the tricks used to help me, it is easier with a manual though. If I were really focused on this I would like to find the older generation Honda insights with a manual tranny. But right now my car is paid for and even if it doesn't get the best mileage, the savings of not having a payment and low insurance cost more than makes up for the gas expenses. Gas mileage is only on component of transportation expenses. And my 9 year old pt cruiser is more economical than a toyota prius with payments and insurance.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet
And my 9 year old pt cruiser is more economical than a toyota prius with payments and insurance.
Oh heck yes! I will never forget a customer of mine telling me he was selling his Cadillac to buy a little econo box to "save money" and I sat there with a pen and paper and in less than a minute (probably) showed him how JUST the registration on the new car would cost much more than the extra gas the Cad cost per year! LOL Sometimes people forget simple math.

Brian
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

How do fools get money to start with? Some other fool gives it to them. now the problem is that means a fool had to give it to that fool to give it to the current fool. When we add that up on our fingers and toes it shows there`s been fools since the beginning of time! Wanna pass me that flux capacitor? I should be able to trace it back a ways if this thing will ever hit 88 mph.
But then again I hadn`t got this hover conversion to work yet so I`d best not
go too far back like in the age of caveman cause roads are scarce there and so is trash to fill my Mr. Fusion up with.
Don`t ask me where I got a Mr. Fusion at either, if I tell ya I gotta kill ya.

Tags
automotive news, automotive trends, fuel economy, humor

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.