Fuel sending unit - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Fuel sending unit

Hello I just got a fuel cell with the 0-90 ohm sending unit installed on my truck and when i hook up the gauge to the sending unit it stays at full like there's power to the gauge but its not reading the sending unit even if i move it by hand i have tried 2 gauges one with the needle and one digital any help is appreciated

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
life is a ride

Last journal entry: 2014
Last photo:

Make sure the sending unit is wired in series with the gauge.
When the float is in the full position (0 ohms) the gauge should read full. This means 12 volts is driving the gauge to its max.
When the float position is anything less than full more resistance is added to the circuit and the gauge reads less than full until the 90 ohm resistance is reached. The gauge is being supplied with less voltage until it reads empty.
Check to see if the gauge is the correct one for the sender. There are many different resistance ranges available. The gauge and sender must be compatible.

vicrod
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 AM

fuel sending unit question

I replaced my fuel sending unit on my 1992 chevrolet 3/4 ton last week well i hade to ground it of the truck bed cause the bolt would not come out the fram were it was grounded, (the pump worked) but my gauge did not go back to E when turned off, so yesterday I put a bolt threw a whole in the fram to ground the wire off the fram the thing is I did not think about taking the negative battery cable off so know the pump is not doing anything I checked the fuse the fuse is GOOD could this cause the fuel relay to short out. The fuel pump new 6 months ago.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 PM

Last photo:

finally got to messing with it again but it turned out to be the wiring, i tryed to wire it in with my fan guess it drained from the sending unit, but ran its own wires and it works like a charm, thanx for the help

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.