Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fully understanding DCR
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeny View Post
I know I said I would not say anymore on this subject but I can't contain myself.

To the guy's that say it is ok to run "pump" gas ( of any grade) on an engine with 13-1 and compensate with a large duration, high overlap cam is good to go then why would one use a better composition of gasoline to run this same engine at the track. If there is no need then why do it.....cause it smells good?

To the guy's that were like me back in the early 70's building hot rods and high compression engines (even over what you could get already from the factory) to cruise the blvd and race out on the lonely road we definitely understood (even before we were off to college for higher learning) the need. Sunoco 260 was our friend!!

To the stubborn crew that does not want to listen to experience?......go ahead and try your combo on the street with the quality of gas these days. Let us all know of your real world experience learned. Bet I know the answer if your feedback is honest!!

To the guy's that do it successfully.....kudo's for the knowledge and understanding that there is more to it than just huge domes, small chambers and wild camshafts!!!!
Steeny:; Excellent post...... A bit of cold hard reality.... Thanks...