Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Future of hotrodding
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve t
can you imagine a chopped street rod with a electric motor tubbed out or going to drags with no sound
Back in 94 when I worked at the fiberglass shop, we built a 29 model A roadster body that was going to be used with a electric vehicle. The Rod Factory was building the chassis and the car was going to be built by a company called Wild EVs. They had a Fox bodied mustang with their electric powered super controller thingy that was turning 12's or 13's (I could be wrong about the ET's but not by alot), at the drags already. The guy from wild EVs showed me a picture of the mustang doing a wheelstand. Almost made me want to start buying batteries. I looked around a few times for those cars now that we have the 'net, but I couldn't find anything about either car. Then in the late 90's a guy from santa cruz was working with us to build a startup run of 6 '27 ford roadsters with electric power. The motor was in the trunk, batteries and controller in the front. I think his capital ran away, he was kind of freaky. Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example