Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - FYI epoxy primer in a spray can from NAPA
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

rattle can epoxy primer

I originally wanted the rattle can epoxy primer to spray an INSIDE AREA ONLY of the roof of my 33 Ford. Down the road when I do the car I plan on using my spray gun/gallon mix of epoxy to finish off the interior & exterior portions of the car. I currently have the roof off in preparation for chopping the top. The car was originally painted & I left it that way for rust prevention, figuring I would totally strip it when needed. However, doing some repairs to the drip rail area that had rusted led me to discover some prior owner had lap welded a section into the roof about 3 inches above the windshield frame. There is a major reinforcement piece beneath this area that housed the wipers & I guess provided some support to the roof. I've removed this support piece so I can hammer & dolly the suspect area after repair. Subsequently I was planning on using the rattle can epoxy to protect this small area only. Maybe there is a better way - what other materials might be a better solution ? I will eventually have a head liner in the car, so I don't plan on spraying a top coat.

Thanks,
Mike.