G body question - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 04:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Love My G Body!

I have a 86 Monte SS powered by a LS-6 big block with a Doug Nash 5 speed Hurst inline shifter and a 9 inch Ford rearend.It has lots of aftermarket goodies on it,Koni and KYB shocks,bigger sway bars(dont know what kind) Energy Suspension bushings throughout, boxed in control arms.This is a real fun car to drive and there are lots of aftermarket companies offering parts.Global West offers suspension packages,as does Hotchkis.Original Parts Group has a complete catalog available.Honest Charlies and Lauren Enginnering both offer body parts.G M still has some parts available.Check out the Monte Carlo SS Resource website there are lots of ideas in the tech section.I have used some of them,such as the cross braces in front of the rad,the rad support to inner fender braces,and the frame to frame brace for the front,all these parts came off of a Pontiac Grand Prix,plus I made a homemade rear seat brace from some 3/16 aluminum flat bar.All this sure helped to tighten the car up!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.