g-body rear brakes - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

g-body rear brakes

hi i need some info on ad 78 monte carlo rear brake line i am building a lowrider and it has hydraulics and the rear locks up really high and im looking for a flexible rubber or stainless steel brake line 18 to 24inches to hook up to the hard line on the frame to the rubber line on the rear-end so the rear suspension can travel smoothly WITH REAR BRAKES the part im gettin at is i went to the local parts store and they said its ILLEGAL to have brake lines made but i was looking at summitracing and they sell stainless steel flexible lines and the part im getting lost at is the -3 AN female fittings????? this is what im looking at on summitracing BRAKE LINE what im asking is that will the end of this thread into the male hardline on the frame of my car????? and also can i get a adapter since the summit brake line comes with 2 female ends so i can thread it into the female end on the rearend and also how do i know if my car has -3 AN fittings??? PLEASE HELP THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Cant be Illegal. Or if it is who is gonna enforce that anyhow.
Your chassis has been used by so many lowriders that there has to be a
kit or something for what you want to do. I wish I could be of more help but maybe check out a lowrider forum.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel

Last wiki edit: How to find cheap parts
Last journal entry: 1999-2001: Getting it on the road
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 16

technically not legal... but its done all the time. It must be tested by DOT and say "DOT" on it to be legal, but as long as you do it right its perfectly safe. Hydraulic shops just don't want to take on the liability.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78monte85riv
how do i know if my car has -3 AN fittings?
Unless it has been modified by a previous owner, your Monte will have traditional 45 degree flared fittings, not the 37 degree military-type fittings (AN or "Army/Navy"). It should be inch- not metric- but you need to verify this first hand to be sure.

You need to find a good site that sells hydraulic fittings and adapters, etc. and sit down and figure out what it is that you need.

A working knowledge of tubing, thread, fitting sizes and designations will be needed and might be outside the scope of this thread.

Take a look HERE and see if you see anything that is helpful.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.