Garage Door Help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2006, 04:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Garage Door Help

Lately my garage door will not open with the remote unless I'm about 2 feet from the door. I've replaced the batteries in the remote and the same thing happens with the remote button that's built into my car.
I've checked and cleaned the antenna that comes from the opener receiver and still no improvement.
Anybody have any ideas???

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM

Last photo:

Is the opener one that came with the door or is it an aftermarket opener? What brand door is it? You may be able to find more info on the internet concerning your particular application. Remote control operating distance will vary depending on the amount of radio interference and metal obstacles in the path of the signal. In good conditions the remotes should work up to 150 feet away. Are there any bikes, ladders, etc. hanging in the path of the signal to the unit? Is the AC connection at the garage door motor securely plugged in to the outlet? Is the receiver wire hanging down from the opener motor? Just some ideas. If you figure it out, let us know and....good luck!
This may help...http://www.aaaremotes.com/troubleshooting.html
Old 05-16-2006, 06:31 PM

If it has the electric eyes, clean the face of the lens

Rob

http://webpages.charter.net/2manitowoc

http:www.2manitowoc.com/paintroom.html
Old 05-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

I had that happen to me one time. I took the cover off the unit and found a spider had built a nice little nest on the board. I got some of that canned compressed air the you blow out computers with and blew the unit all out squeaky clean then checked the PID switches on the remote against the pids on the reciever. It worked when I put it all back together but I really don't know what actually fixed it. I'd like to think kicking the spider out did the trick but it might have been a PID hanging on the edge between two clicks.

I'll never know.. Give it a shot, if all else fails..
Old 05-18-2006, 09:12 AM

Last photo:

I had something similar happen to me at work. I had installed an auxiliary remote control meant for garage doors that I had ordered from Grainger and had adapted to close a VP's office door, so the VP could just use the remote to close his door. After a while, it wasn't working too well. You had to be about 5' or less for the door to work. I re-adjusted the pot that set's the frequency for the opener, not the remote. It's worked fine for the last couple of years now.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.