Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Garage floor coatings, Blackdog's garage
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Garage floor coatings, Blackdog's garage

I use to post here a lot but over the years my interest have changed from hot roding to adventure motorcycling. I still maintain a well equipped shop for 4X4 and motorcycle projects. I just completed a dream 36'X36' shop/garage and now I'm ready to coat the new cement floors. I did a lot of research here and found much old info that does not apply in 2012.

I'm considering a 2 part epoxy product such as this: http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...2C+1+gallon.do. This seems to be the preferred product here but I'm open to anything at this time.

I have some questions: 1. How do I address the expansion joints? They need to be sealed (with some kind of caulk) and I'm not sure if I should coat first than seal or seal than coat. 2. I'm thinking of leaving the floor at the welding station bare, is this a good idea? Should I use a stain or sealer instead?

Thanks for the help, this was the very first place I came to for this question as I know some of you are almost as anal as me! If there's anything else you could add to my floor project let me know. I'll post some before and after pictures later.