Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Garage ideas
Thread: Garage ideas
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:45 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Good thread Kevan, I did notice that most guys didn't like windows and exit doors, probably because they take up wall space, thats normal hotrodder thinking i guess, more room for tools and such, but what happens if there is a fire,?? You need ways to get out of that building, at least a exit on each end or there about, also the windows let in sunlite and warmth ,[ also a exit] electricity is expensive , just ask anyone that lives in Calif, storage is another factor, attic space, I insulated and sheetrocked y ceiling and then put a grid ceiling 3" below that, kinda like double insulation, might be a little overkill but it works to keep my bill down, and there is about 4000 sq ft of storage, I have a overhead door on each end , makes it easier to get cars in and out, I also keep ALL non moble cars on dollys [ make them MOBLE] so if there is a FIRE, the least I can do is have a chance to get them out, I was a contractor for 30 years so and paid some high insurance premiums so yeah I am safety minded, its your life protect it, and a isolated room for a compressor is nice like short step mentioned, Its nice to DREAM isn't it<<<<>>>>
Bill