Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Garage Insulation
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Keep in mind that, if you insulate it, you have a "Man law" responsibility to keep it cool in there in the summer and warm in the winter. LOL

The insulation will make a difference. You have to remember that it will also keep the heat in during the summer months, if you let it get too hot in there. My garage is 34'X24', with an addition that is 24'X16'. The addition is completely insulated, and has a window AC unit in it.The AC unit is electronic, like most of the newer ones, I guess. It has the ability to keep the room at a certain temp. The thing runs very little to keep it cool. The other section of the garage would cost me a fortune to cool or heat, without any insulation in there. Even though there is a drywall ceiling in there, it gets so hot, you can feel the heat coming from it. I have just added an attic fan to cool the attic off. One day I will have the money to insulate that side. Just need to find a reason to buy insulation for the house, so I can buy too much. LOL

Aaron