Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - garage paint booth help please
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 05:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I had made plans for one, but ended up being able to use my neighbors booth at his bodyshop...anyways...a couple of observations:

The Home Store plastic sheeting may tend to become 'brittle' after exposure to the solvent vapors and may need to be replaced every so often (not a big deal as it's cheap)

To seal the sheeting to the PVC tubing use the bonding glue that is used when assembling a sprinkler system (usually blue in color).

To make a doorway that seals up well, glue strips of refrigerator magnets to the ends of each sheet (sealing partition), making sure that you have the mangnetic pole the right way around.

Make sure that there are no ignition sources in your garage, like a water heater, clothes dryer (nat. gas), or furnace etc....the vapors can and will ignite....seen it happen!!!

Same goes for the exhaust fan...get an explosion proof fan (Class I, Div. I), as the vapors could also ignite from the arcing of the fan (not common, but the potential is there).

If you have neighbors close by, have the exhaust fan blowing onto a wet towel or blanket (keeps vapors and overspray down a bit)

Tim