Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Garage Stereo/Car system..
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1460 View Post
Didnt know if Ishould post this here or in the Electrical but I was reading on a guy who used a Cd/mp3 head unit out of a car and mounted it in the wall of the garage then just ran wires to speakers (with an amplifier of course) and thought it would be a cool and cheap idea for my garage. Ive seen 120 to 12v
inverters, but I also read something about using an old computer power cable...? Anyone heard or done such a thing? I have 4 rockford speakers and a JBL subwoofer sitting in my attic, I could find a decent aftermarket head unit for under 100 im sure and an cheap amp off craigslist probobly also..
Thought it would look cool mounted in the wall next to the garage door openers and the thermostat
Sounds like the setup for our pool room. I bought a cheap SONY head unit that had MP3 and USB capability (~ $80) and used a leftover 12v DC power brick for juice. Ran wires through the walls to outdoor speakers and now have good sounds for swimming!

Russ