Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - garageless wrenching
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=rj57]I only had my parents driveway to work in for years.

Once I laid in the snow changing an engine. I did it with strep throat. (don't think that wasn't fun) QUOTE]

*this is No BS*
when I was 16 my cousin & I pulled a 283 out of a 63 impala 2dr under a tree in the gravel driveway. (we bought the 63 with 3 yr old paint job for $150 but we had to pull motor & tranny for the guy we bought it from and deliver back to him, nice 63) then we pushed the 63 outa the way, and pulled a 402 BBC and the 400th tranny out of my cousins sisters wrecked 70 monte carlo, and put the 402 400th out of the monte in the 63 impala. all with snow on the ground. we lived on the very edge of town, my uncle practically had a junk yard (always 10 to 15 cars & P/Us) there was a old dirt floor garage with no door, to small to work in, (plus we needed the tree for the chain hoist) the old dirt floor garage had a wood floor 12x14 shop built on to the old garage, drop cords feed the lights and gave us power in the shed. I pulled the motor outa my 67 GTO under that tree 2Xs and my uncle tore down and built the motor for my goat in the shed, it was spring & early fall for the GTO. on the 1st motor after we started it and broke in the cam and tuned it we had a rain storm, so I did bolt the cherry bombs on the headers in the driveway in a major rain storm.

I guess when I was 19 my uncle and I pulled a 390 & C6 out of my 69 Ford F100 p/u under that tree, and tore it down & rebuilt it in the shed, I paid a guy to build C6. he had power to the shed then for a borrowed welder, cause we pulled the box and narrowed the back hafe and put a ladder bar setup on with a 31 spline ford 9" rearend. he was a old school hot rodder that I truly miss..........

trees still there and my aunts still alive and lives there, the old garage & shed fell down a few yrs back, ooh and he build a 40x50 heated shop with two 9' x 12' over head doors in 1989 and he died in fall of 2000, with a 58 chevy p/u tore apart ready to go back together.

Mustangsaly

Last edited by Mustangsaly; 08-18-2006 at 08:25 PM.