Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas air compressor vs electric
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank You Bill... Yes I understand and agree with what your saying. I though about it very very carefully and I have abusy 4 year old daughter that hangs around the garage with me while I work on minor stuff. Im going to take your advise and strip it out for parts.
If I decide to just use the tank and throw it far behind the garage out of anyones danger what is the psi that can be dangerous from that distance? I didnt think 150 psi pressure would explode a tank and cause much damage if it was say... 30-40 feet away...? The reason I ask is that I have a 20 gallon compressor that builds up to 125 psi and my daughter is in the garage while its running at times. Would this tank have the risk of exploding as well? I figured if ut was rusty and week in one area it would slightly start ripping and relieving air before it builds high enough to explode? Im just wondering

You are scaring the crap out of me!!! I just turned 40, saw my first white hair, rapidly becoming harder to get up and out from under my car. IM GONNA RUN OUT AND GET ME SOME GOOD LIFE INSURANCE AFTER WORK TODAY!

Thank you for the precautions