Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas mileage - one reason it's poor
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Geez Ireland. I live in the deep south and were famous for the rodents we got down here,, especially those of us that live way out in the country like I do and I`ve never had`em do that to me. Not yet anyways. But, being were on the subject I can say what happened yesterday. I was working on my truck which has been parked for a month while I did the port work and repaired the fuel pressure regulator on my TBI unit. I go back out there around 5:30, bump into the side mirror and a red wasp flew out and popped me right under my left eye. I dunno if you have red wasps up there but down here we call them "Flying Arsonists" since they`re red and when they pop you it stings and burns so bad. I had to run in and get my contact lens out then put a ice pack on my eye for a while, didn`t do much good as my eye was swollen half way shut for the rest of the evening and it was watering so bad I couldn`t see out of it. The last time I was popped was years ago at the drag strip by a black wasp and he just flew up out of no where and popped me dead center in the forehead and it looked like a third eye. I dunno why they always sting me in the face, maybe it`s because I`m 6`2 or maybe it`s cause they don`t like my looks.