Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas mileage - one reason it's poor
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
At our last house we had wasps swarming behind our fireplace chimney on the outside of the house. Sprayed many times with wasp spray. The following winter during a remodel, I found a football size nest between the inside drywall paper and the siding. Yup, they had removed the insulation and even the drywall paper on the stud side and the gypsum between the layers of paper. Why they didn't keep going and come through the other layer of paper and into the house is beyond me. I am just thankful that they didn't.

I had honey bees do that at a house. We kept hearing the buzzing (or, at least the wife did) then one day I got a panic call at work - they had broken through and were getting into the house. Their nest was 15" wide x 10" high by 8 FEET long. I had to remove that section of drywall from the ceiling clean the nest plus 20 pounds of honey, seal everything then replace the dry wall. That house had a 'popcorn' ceiling so had to have the entire room at least top coated. New house and only 2 years old.