Gas Monkey Garage - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i watch the show and honestly its one of those things i watch it because its on tv but in all honestly i spend more time hanging out with more experienced builders in the trade and every day i learn something new whether its a subtle change in gun setup or setting or quick old pro way of getting around a problem when proper tools aren't available. they might be alright guys but for people who have built and put literally thousands of hours into projects we all know its just a show and for the guys that don't well it just give the wrong impression of how things are actually accomplished

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokayne Dawkins View Post
Tempest in a teapot.
Hmmmm, seems like there's more to the story herethanks to a member for bringing this to my attention. )
Forum.RttP{Ladies and Gentlemen, I Present You: "Riff Raff"}

He has 8 friends here: http://www.myspace.com/kokaynedawkinz1/friends

There are no secrets on the net, are there? Unless, of course, you're some D.A. from Jackson, Ohio, imitating this guy and that would make you a bigger loser than the guy you try to portray. Interested in what you might have to say before the ban for being a troll kicks in. Maybe we could do a "parody" like we have done before.....

Last edited by dinger; 09-10-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger View Post
Hmmmm, seems like there's more to the story herethanks to a member for bringing this to my attention. )
Forum.RttP{Ladies and Gentlemen, I Present You: "Riff Raff"}

He has 8 friends here: Google

There are no secrets on the net, are there? Unless, of course, you're some D.A. from Jackson, Ohio, imitating this guy and that would make you a bigger loser than the guy you try to portray. Interested in what you might have to say before the ban for being a troll kicks in. Maybe we could do a "parody" like we have done before.....

My Name is Robert Arthur, I reside in Jackson, Ohio and I have absolutely nothing to hide. I can provide you my date of birth, mailing address, phone number, Social Security number, Driver's license number, and a blood & stool sample if you would like. I'm not sure what you mean by D.A. and I don't really care. I can only assume you mean District Attorney? The folks of Jackson County Ohio have an elected Prosecutor, not a District Attorney, and I am not him. I'm sure your clearly refined google skills will confirm my statement as true. I stumbled across this forum after googling Gas Monkey Garage, saw the thread and thought I would toss my opinion out there. It obviously offended you and got your panties in a bunch. For that I offer NO apology and stand by my comment, "Tempest in a teapot." As far as your ban goes, go ahead and cancel my registration as I won't be back to your forum. You're obviously a tool that does not have any tolerance or place value in other people's opinions. That has been made crystal clear by your aggressive reply to my comment and your sinister attempt to "out" me. And yes, I am a big fan of Riff Raff aka Jody Highroller aka Kokayne Dawkns aka The Freestyle Scientist aka The Texas Tornado. Have a good day Mr Holmes. P.S. Tell Dr Watson I send my warmest regards.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

LOL...your opinion is noted, even though it is regarded by most here as drivel

BTW, why dont you post all that personal info that you have on the internet......See what type of garbage you get in return, much like the stuff that GMG was spewing.

Budget RVs
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Until the past few weeks, I didn't know anything about Gas Monkey. I'm just a casual TV watcher and saw him on his new show and then watched the Chopper live event tonight. Then I hit up Google to find out more and it pops in "scandal" so I checked it out and found this forum. I read through all the old posts from 2006 and watched the videos, and saw the pics. I have to say, I think the guy running this forum made a big deal out of nothing. Sure, they used the forum for marketing. Big deal. So what. In my opinion, you looked like the bigger jerk. He's just some guy trying to break into television. Good for him. You didn't have to go as far as you did. You're just some guy running some forum with a limited audience. What you should have done is just ban him from the forum and nothing more. Oh, and by the way, this forum needs some serious updating. It looks like it's from 1998. You ought to update it or something.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eik2001 View Post
Until the past few weeks, I didn't know anything about Gas Monkey. I'm just a casual TV watcher and saw him on his new show and then watched the Chopper live event tonight. Then I hit up Google to find out more and it pops in "scandal" so I checked it out and found this forum. I read through all the old posts from 2006 and watched the videos, and saw the pics. I have to say, I think the guy running this forum made a big deal out of nothing. Sure, they used the forum for marketing. Big deal. So what. In my opinion, you looked like the bigger jerk. He's just some guy trying to break into television. Good for him. You didn't have to go as far as you did. You're just some guy running some forum with a limited audience. What you should have done is just ban him from the forum and nothing more. Oh, and by the way, this forum needs some serious updating. It looks like it's from 1998. You ought to update it or something.
Thanks Elk, another boost in the ratings! you're a peach.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 AM

Last photo:

Limited audience? We like it that way,keeps out idiots we do not need or want.Serious updating? I don't think so! Car guys like us like things that way too as we tend to be traditional in our values,so Mr. Elk I just saw a "rolling donut" chase it down and have at it!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

welcome...Thank you for the insight and suggestions.....Sorry you didnt like the board....I know you looked deeply into our board, having spent a whole 22 minutes as a member from joining to logging off

Budget RVs
The Following User Says Thank You to poncho62 For This Useful Post:
johnnyg (12-17-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Ahhhh, sooo many forums and soooo little time - - - farewell troll
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Nostalgic Racing Decals

Last photo:

I watch the show for entertainment only!!!

Once they start with all the crazy stuff and breaking things or acting like A-Holes I turn on something else.

Jimbo
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

anyone watch the chopper buildoff final last night? almost a face off between the mouth Jessie and the texas dick head from fast and loud, on stage, appairently there was problems between them at the motel the night before,,,
Junior won,, Jessie didn't get his finished by the deadline and took almost 12 weeks to finish when the time limit was 6 weeks, JR and gas monk,, had theirs done, and sr almost done,,
all the bikes were great but I liked Jrs the best,, the monkeys bike was the most realistic, what drama they come up with

But Jessie can't get enough of himself, and it gets boring to watch him tell everyone how great he is,,, BS
'Biker Build-Off' 2012: Jesse James goes for the win after last year's dud - Hartford Pop Culture | Examiner.com

about jessies attitude
http://www.examiner.com/article/bike...pears-inflated
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I seen the circus..

I liked Jr. bike the best..
As far as them fighting... They should have let them go at it..I think Jesse would have taken them both..

I like jesse's skill's.. He just mess's it up with his attitude..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM

The show is all drama. You have to take it for what it is, which is television. As for the bikes, I liked jr's from the standpoint of looks. Although, he doesn't build functional bikes. They are basically works of art. Senior's was okay. Not sure what it was really. Gas Monkey's was all right, but nothing special. Jesse's was cool in that I think he has skill.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:50 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I seen the circus..

I liked Jr. bike the best..
As far as them fighting... They should have let them go at it..I think Jesse would have taken them both..

I like jesse's skill's.. He just mess's it up with his attitude..
Thats the whole thing in 38 words or less
I liked Jr's from the start,, maybe because I use to have a 39 chev coupe,,, NAH!!!! just a cool looking bike, I think it is a rideable bike,,
didn't he donate it to the brest cancer society? that way he can get a tax write off,

wonder if the discovery channel gives them money to built these buildoff bikes? if not SR is way in the hole,, I know he has all the machinery to do that but still has to pay the machinest to tool it,, ( sr sure don't have the skills to run that machine,, (His mouth is all he knows how to run,,,)
Old 12-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

You know the old saying..

'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'

Jr. Always has a good attitude about everything... A bad attitude CAN/WILL ruin your name fast..

All them guy's have great skill's levels, But when you have a bad attitude you have nothing...
You may make it to the top one day,, But when you get there will you have the right attitude to keep it..

Jesse was saying they didn't get paid for this.. So as far as money goes..I'm not sure..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 12-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.