Gas Monkey Garage - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Dam' again, I miss all of that TV fun by sitting in my La-Z-Boy and snoozing the evening away by reading a BOOK instead of squinting at that screen.

Happy to see that we have a fresh troll aboard. Sounds like he might be another H.A.M.B.'er that has to get his kicks by coming here and insulting us with drivel

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There are a lot of good folks over there at the H.A.M.B. I moderate a Social Group there and we don't like trolls over there any more than you do here.It's a big internet world out there and you are bound to have disagreements and trouble makers just like in life,slamming another group of car lovers who have a different set of interests and values is pointless and destructive in my opinion.We are in the season of " Good Will towards Men" let's take this time to mend fences and share information and interests in hot rodding which is the basis this site was founded on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffB For This Useful Post:
Bad Rat (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I'll go for that Jeff,, great idea,, mend some fences so to speak NOW since you are in some sort of authority over at the HAMB, Could you reinstate me , since I was Banned for sticking up for a fellow HAMBer that was getting blasted from all the great "INSIDER "members at the HAMB because he had a BUTT UGLY scoop on his car( didn't go with the type of car he had) or wasn't traditional by their standards,,,so judged by all the favorite card carrying members of HAMB,, Talk about the "GASTAPO"
On a second thought,, disregard that request for reinstatement,, I don't think I care to belong in that group,,
You do seem to one of the nicer HAMBERS tho,,
NOW Back to bashing the police, that could possably save one of you haters life someday,,
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Bye Jerks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat View Post
I was Banned for sticking up for a fellow HAMBer that was getting blasted from all the great "INSIDER "members at the HAMB because he had a BUTT UGLY scoop on his car( didn't go with the type of car he had) or wasn't traditional by their standards.
One time, this guy who had a 68 Camaro asked me why anyone would want to make a truck into a hot rod. He thought trucks should never be made into hot rods, only classic cars.

I told him to line his roach up next to mine, and we'll see who makes it to the end of the 1/4 mile first.
He declined, so I took his wife for a ride in my truck. Scared the pee out of her.
When she got out, she told her old man she wanted their Camaro to run like my truck.
That shut him up pretty quick.

Moral of the story is: if it's "quick", it deserves respect!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Bye Jerks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eik2001 View Post
Amish Mafia looked rather fake, but I didn't expect anything less.
It's a "TV SHOW".

Of course it's going to be fake. It even mentioned in the disclaimer that some of the incidents were staged or re-enacted to protect certain people's identity.

Those Amish people aren't really supposed to be photographed or filmed. I am surprised any of them went along with doing that show in the first place, ( but those "mafia" guys are Mennonites ), and I guess they don't have rules against photography.
( See, I learn stuff on that show. )

We have some Mennonites in my area, and they mostly keep to themselves. They are all farmers. ( So they get to compete with all the "mormon" farmers out here. )
Sometimes I will see the women out in town at the stores.
They all dress the same. I have nothing against women dressing conservatively. It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual swarm of half-naked tramp-stamped whores I see everyday out in public.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
There are a lot of good folks over there at the H.A.M.B. I moderate a Social Group there and we don't like trolls over there any more than you do here.It's a big internet world out there and you are bound to have disagreements and trouble makers just like in life,slamming another group of car lovers who have a different set of interests and values is pointless and destructive in my opinion.We are in the season of " Good Will towards Men" let's take this time to mend fences and share information and interests in hot rodding which is the basis this site was founded on.
You may do as you like - but as Poncho pointed out, that person was slamming Hotrodders and comparing it to the HAMB within 22 MINUTES of joining. Good will, etc. goes out the window real quick with folks like that. I have no beef with the HAMB site - am a member, never been banned, but seldom post as I do not agree with many of their so called 'traditional' principles, plus including the flagrant use of less then desirable language on public forums
Bad Rat (12-17-2012), dinger (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
Ruined their lives?????....I wish my life was so ruined......Those knobs make more money than we will ever see and us (the suckers) just feed off of it.....

Back to your regular scheduled reality show......
I guess if happiness/success/contentment was measured by cash flow, they might have had their moments. But I doubt Sr is too happy about losing that big building full o' crap. Jessie lost his trophy wench, and I'd chalk most of it up to an overindulgence brought about by believing the hype brought about by the TV exposure. YMMV and that's fine, too.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

All that stuff just makes you think your happy.. They have their problems just like everyone else.. Sometimes more..
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
All that stuff just makes you think your happy.. They have their problems just like everyone else.. Sometimes more..
Thats probably true,,, but now that they have lost the show,, maybe some of those problems they brought on themselves will disapear,, Sr especally,,,
I sure as hell won't miss em,,
I kinda liked Jr's show,, his visions and talent,,
But he will do alright without that show,, he started a design video studio, and will go far I bet,,,
Old 12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat View Post
Thats probably true,,, but now that they have lost the show,, maybe some of those problems they brought on themselves will disapear,, Sr especally,,,
I sure as hell won't miss em,,
I kinda liked Jr's show,, his visions and talent,,
But he will do alright without that show,, he started a design video studio, and will go far I bet,,,
Very true Bad Rat.... I like Jr as well.. I think his Dad has a hard time facing the fact that Jr is now making his own way... Very sad for a Dad to act like that about his Son... I would be jumping for joy for my son..I will never look at my son as my competition.. NEVER !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
johnnyg (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Very true Bad Rat.... I like Jr as well.. I think his Dad has a hard time facing the fact that Jr is now making his own way... Very sad for a Dad to act like that about his Son... I would be jumping for joy for my son..I will never look at my son as my competition.. NEVER !!!!

bet it was all lights,camera,action..
they are prob. best friends..
can't read into anything you see/hear on the shows and off them..
as it's all part of the ACT..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
bet it was all lights,camera,action..
they are prob. best friends..
can't read into anything you see/hear on the shows and off them..
as it's all part of the ACT..
I know what your saying.. But you can see it and both of their face's.. Mostly Jr that it was a bad time..I believe it to be true... Jr was hurting from it ...both of them wasn't good enough actors to pull it off..Jr seems more the shy type..A good thing that tells me its real is they are ending the show.. Mikey is the first one to bail.. That tell's me something.. And I bet everyone learned from it.... Now that they have all the money,, It's time to try and put the family back together.. I would NEVER pick the show or money over my family.. Just not worth it..
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 PM

Last photo:

It might have all been a act for the drama,, but I doubt it,, Sr is such a dominating turd, that everything has to be his way,
you notice he never does any work on those bikes? other than hold something while one of his guys with a few brains bolts it on?
he made wrought iron stuff before they started OCC,
Him and jr built a bike in their basement to start with,,
Sr is just naturally a jerk,, right along side of that Richard fast and loud guy,,,
OCC will probably go down in flames,, and that nice big building will go into foreclosure if it hasn't already,, Jr will move on to the top of the bike building greats, he has already put Jessie down twice,, all his ideas come from inside his head,, he doesn't need a cad machine to design something, he builds it from his vision of what he is seeing inside his mind,

Last edited by Bad Rat; 12-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
hold my beer and watch this!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo17 View Post
I watch the show for entertainment only!!!

Once they start with all the crazy stuff and breaking things or acting like A-Holes I turn on something else.

Jimbo
I watch to see them break s hit and act like arseholes!! LOL I loved it when I saw the twin of my Roadmaster they paid 2 or 3 grand for (800 for mine) LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
hold my beer and watch this!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 632Mantis View Post
It's a "TV SHOW".

Of course it's going to be fake. It even mentioned in the disclaimer that some of the incidents were staged or re-enacted to protect certain people's identity.

Those Amish people aren't really supposed to be photographed or filmed. I am surprised any of them went along with doing that show in the first place, ( but those "mafia" guys are Mennonites ), and I guess they don't have rules against photography.
( See, I learn stuff on that show. )

We have some Mennonites in my area, and they mostly keep to themselves. They are all farmers. ( So they get to compete with all the "mormon" farmers out here. )
Sometimes I will see the women out in town at the stores.
They all dress the same. I have nothing against women dressing conservatively. It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual swarm of half-naked tramp-stamped whores I see everyday out in public.
You are correct. The Amish I have met in northern MI don't drive or go on TV, lots of them don't even use electricity!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.