Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Greetings dodgy. Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board .

I watched the video. I thought it was pathetic, and I'd like those 3 minutes and 48 seconds of my life back. The prefabricated bad-boy image is a result of too much exposure to hotrodding television shows (we call them "soap operas for hotrodders"), and sold-out magazines that are all run by the same corporation. I hope this is simply another result of foolish, out-of-touch automotive marketing tactics, and that the guys at the Gas Monkey Garage are not as artificial as they are being portrayed.

Your attempt to promote Gas Monkey Garage through giveaways and "charity" donations is not going to fly around here. If you had genuine media savvy, you would understand this. Like most hotrodding forums, we are primarily interested in technical information that pertains to the construction and repair of hot rods.

Please take the time to read our Guidelines for Posting, as well as our Business Posting Guidelines. We have numerous owners and employees of respectable hotrodding businesses that manage to participate in our forums without breaking our rules.

Furthermore, please remove the first picture you've posted. While technically not against our guidelines, I think that it's disturbing and weird.

Either offer us a genuine public apology within 48 hours, or I'm going to call up Gas Monkey Garage and let them know that their online marketing efforts have gone seriously awry. Phone calls will be accompanied by comments on the Gas Monkey blog, and by a notification to numerous other hotrodding forums that another cheesy hot rod marketing company is making the rounds.