Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 03:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Jon,

Thanks for your post. The intention of the post was certainly not to offend. The picture will be removed immediately.

The goal of my post was to go to the people directly who may have the best input into creating a show and obtain feedback. We absolutley want to make a show about the building of a hot rod but, as you know, there are many shows on the networks (not particularly hot rod specific) out there that are very similar and a little bland. We want to do something different. ( By the way I am not with Gas Monkey Garage - I am with the production company. There are many places to post information or links to the video on the internet but I thought this forum would be good because you guys build hot rods and would know what you like to see - as opposed to the usual stuff out there.

With regards to the charity - there are some charites that have more of a car/bike focus. There is one that was at Sturgis called "kids and chrome" - a possibility. It would be possible to link up with a general charity. However, I was looking to see if anyone had any information about charities that have been involved in car giveaways/hotrod giveaways in the past - a little more specific I guess.

My intention was to be clear in my post that I was behind the video and was asking for help as opposed to just advertising the video. I am sorry that it was seen as a marketing ploy.

If I have caused any other offense I apologize unreservedly.

If anyone has any feedback on a charity or what people would like to see in a show I would greatefully appreciate it.

Jon - I would be happy to chat with you on the phone at anytime so that you can hopefully understand my intentions were genuine and not intended to offend.

Last edited by dodgy; 08-20-2006 at 03:26 PM.