Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 14 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Very interesting information Dutchman....Thanks for sharing. I wonder if all these folks know what is going on? 2007 SEMA Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board
Mitch Williams
Vehicle Performance Systems Inc.

Chairman-Elect
Jim Cozzie
Zoom Performance Products

Board Members
Ralph Accinno
Racers Equipment Warehouse

Matt Agosta
Steele Rubber Products

Joel Ayres
Leer/Truck Accessories Group

Paul "Scooter" Brothers
Competition Cams

Craig Chatt
Lund International

Doug Evans
Primedia

Dennis Gage
"My Classic Car," Bradley David Productions

Anne Graves
SECO Performance Centers

Kathy Bybee Hartzell
duPontRegistry.com

Dick Hill
Centerforce Clutches

Anne K. Johnson
California Truck Works

Patrick Judge
Keystone Automotive

Chuck Lombardo
California Street Rods

Dennis Overholser
Painless Performance

Bill Perry
Bill Perry & Associates

Robert Price
Reliable Automotive

Richard Sherman
Baer Brakes

Steve Swanson
Considine Sales & Marketing

Chris Thomson
Airaid Filter Company

Bill Wagner, Jr.
Husky Liners

Bob West
Westin Automotive Products

Jon Wyly
Arrow Speed Warehouse

Last edited by Henry Highrise; 08-28-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

Here's an analysis of the "Corky has left the country" post, made by "jessh", from Coker Tire (verified by IP address). Here's a link to the post again: Corky Coker has left the country.

And here's the play-by-play:

After we showed that the two posts from "Corky Coker" and "Man" were posted from the same exact IP address, jessh, the representative from Coker Tire, said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessh
The post was not made by Mr. Coker, as he is out of the country at this time.
Interesting. Which post was not made by Mr. Coker? Corky made a first post here, didn't he? It was the one made by the username "Corky Coker", signed "Corky Coker", and included the private email that I had sent. Ummmmm, that was Corky, right? Let's ask Corky:

"Hey Corky, that was you, right?"

But then, jessh says that Corky didn't make the post "as he is out of the country at this time". What does that mean?

Corky made the first post, didn't he? Was he in the country when he made that post? Did he make that post, and then leave the country, and then someone else made the second post? I guess I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

By the way, I think that everyone will enjoy the latest edition to the new Monkey Boys section of Hotrodders.com. Here it is: Corky Coker is a Jerk.

Hey Corky -- we don't want to bother you while you're "out of the country". But, as soon as you return, we'd appreciate it if you stopped by the Hotrodders Bulletin Board and apologized.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:31 AM

And, don't worry guys. I have some fresh new material for us.

I just couldn't get Corky's famous line out of my head. It describes this situation perfectly. When asked about the obvious scripting in the video, Corky said: "It looks like my brother just had these guys build a car for him".

Watch closely, this is a 3-part series.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 AM

So, now we've found out the truth about Richard, the ridiculous story behind Stephen Andrews's production company, and we've had a really interesting encounter with Coker Tire.

Anyway, a while back, we requested that the Gas Monkey Garage video be removed from the web, and that we receive a genuine and honest apology from Gas Monkey Garage for spamming our board with their "Spank My Monkey" photos, and for infecting our community with their "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video.

We got our first goal accomplished, but not because we asked nicely. The video was pulled from the web after we put up our hilarious parody video: Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World Parody.

But, we didn't get our genuine and honest apology from Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage. Instead, we got manipulated and pushed around by Coker Tire. They tried to intimidate us and scare us, and they failed miserably. Then some unknown Neanderthal posts on the board, under the username of "Man". Of course, "Man" was posting with the same IP address that Corky Coker just used. Whoooops! What a monumental public relations disaster by Coker Tire. Has anyone ever seen such a large company do something so stupid in such a public environment? Nice work, "Man". Or, as David Coker said in the famous video: "Awwwwww.....Man".

Removal of the video, and a decent apology, was all we asked.

But as more and more people (Richard Rawlings, Stephen Andrews, Corky Coker) try to manipulate us, the wish list grows longer and longer.

Now, here's what I'd like to request, on behalf of the Hotrodders Bulletin Board:

1. An honest, genuine apology from Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage for allowing the Spank My Monkey photo, and the "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World", to be posted on our forums.

2. An honest, genuine apology from Corky Coker for being a jerk.

3. An admission of responsibility from whoever financed the "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and Richard's Rawlings's despicable, retarded video: "The Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World".

4. A statement from David Coker regarding this situation.

5. A statement from SEMA regarding this situation.

There is also something else that I personally want. I want it very, very much, and I hope someone can help me get it.

I want a copy of the script for Gas Monkey Garage's original "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video.

The reason that I want it is that I want to scan it into my computer, and upload the scanned pages to the web so that everyone can see exactly how this garbage was scripted.

If anyone can get me a copy of that script, it would really mean a lot to me.

Once again kids, for all the hilarious parody material, including the famous video, the truth about the production company, and our newest article: "Corky Coker is a Jerk", see the newest section of Hotrodders.com: Monkey Boys Garage.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 AM

Old 08-29-2006, 02:21 AM

Wow, I can only imagine what would happen if David Coker possessed Spanky's ability to give an honest apology. That was warm, honest, and genuine, Spanky.

Here's what I think would happen:

1. People would respect him as a real person, not a company image.

2. People would register at his forum, talk about wheels, and come to depend on his wheel knowledge.

3. People would buy their wheels from him, over all other wheel companies, because they trusted him.

4. He would be forgiven for any money that he might have put towards this video.

Of course, what do I know. As Coker Tire would say: "You on the other hand, Jon, are worthless and should shut your 2 bit forum down".
Old 08-29-2006, 04:03 AM

Last photo:

Putting a face to the name

I think this is what Jon wanted.

Photos of Stephen Andrews.

Standing with the car 130 Team 2Dodgy and Jessica Kramer.

And for good measure a closeup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen Andrews.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	14461   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen Andrews-2.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	14462  
Old 08-29-2006, 04:16 AM

Good find!

Awwwwww, man -- this is going to be fun.

Nice work. Can you post a url of where you found them?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessh
My name is Jess and I'm the customer service manager for Coker Tire. I owe an apology to Jon and this forum for the post made by "MAN". One of my overzealous sales representatives, Andy, took it upon himself to post this response. The post was not made by Mr. Coker, as he is out of the country at this time. Again, please accept my apology for this unauthorized post by one of my employees, he has been disciplined accordingly as this action was completely out of line.

Jess
Customer Service Manager
Coker Tire Co.
1-800-251-6336 ext. 263
This is to Coker Tire and their representatives.

Just for the record; I have been a customer of Coker Tire in the past.

See my original review for them on this site under Company Reviews.

I go to Chattanooga often as I have family there. As a matter of fact I will be going there this week as my first Great grandchild is being born today.

I am in the market for a new set of rims and tires for my project Model 'A' Coupe to replace the American mags that are currently on the car.

As a result of the comments posted here by someone from Coker Tire I want it to be known that I will NOT be purchasing from them or any of their affiliates!

As to Honest Charley's; "Honest Hisself" owned and operated a small aftermarket Hot Rod store located in Chattanooga many years ago in the '50's. He advertised and sold products through magazines such as "Hot Rod" in the '50's & early '60's. He was a pioneer in the Hot Rod aftermarket business along with Bill Smith of Speedway Motors. He eventually shut down and the name was purchased by Coker Tire and opened up as an aftermarket supplier for a very limited market. In the last few years they have expanded into the Hot Rod market and I have seen their displays at the Goodguys event in Charlotte, NC.

Last edited by Frisco; 08-29-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Wow, I can only imagine what would happen if David Coker possessed Spanky's ability to give an honest apology. That was warm, honest, and genuine, Spanky.

Here's what I think would happen:

1. People would respect him as a real person, not a company image.

2. People would register at his forum, talk about wheels, and come to depend on his wheel knowledge.

3. People would buy their wheels from him, over all other wheel companies, because they trusted him.

4. He would be forgiven for any money that he might have put towards this video.

Of course, what do I know. As Coker Tire would say: "You on the other hand, Jon, are worthless and should shut your 2 bit forum down".
It has taken me a couple of days to read through this thread...wow...

First of all, I agree with your hostility over this pathetic attempt to promote profits under the guise of charity. All this does is breed distrust in people who would otherwise donate to those less fortunate then themselves, and we are all well aware that there are many of those people out there.

As far as these particular companies participating in this sham, they are all in a dire situation. On one hand they have all of us waiting for an apology and on the other all of their business partners / customers waiting to see if its true. Let this be a lesson to all...DO NOT STICK YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH!

Companies like Coker Tire, who called all of us brainless idiots would do well to consider that we are their bread and butter, and have the power to put them out of business. I am personally boycotting everyone business involved until I am personally satisfied that proper amends have been HONESTLY made.

BTW - Great satires everyone, if I wasn't so busy I would crank out a few myself.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:13 AM

Once again guys -- thanks for the support .

By the way, if you support us in our effort, but, for whatever reason, you can't publicly post in this thread, we totally understand. However, if you still want to lend a hand, here's something you can do. Check out our new Free Hotrodding Encyclopedia. If you like, you can help us out by adding to one of the existing articles, or by starting a new one. Anyone can do it, and it's just as easy as posting on a bulletin board; you don't even have to register a username. Any knowledge that you contribute gets published under a special license that allows everyone to share it for non-commercial use.

BTW, the member who suggested that we make a new page that lists all of the sponsors associated with Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage: great suggestion. I'll add it to the list of pages we're going to add to our new Monkey Boys Section. I'm not sure if you wanted your name mentioned, but you know who you are .

Also, another major logical error in the "out of the country" defense. Even if Corky Coker made the first post "Corky Coker" post in this discussion, then indeed immediately left the country, there's still a huge flaw in that logic. Every country has the internet. "He left the country" is a generic excuse, used in desperation when there's nothing left to say. Unless Corky was in one of those really remote countries, where they don't have the internet. Like Pluto.

Or, maybe Corky was in one of those countries where you're not allowed to speak freely on the internet. Like China.

We are being treated like mentally retarded children.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM

And, one more thing, and then I really, really need to take a nap.

Speaking of remote countries, China, and sharing knowledge, here's an amazing quote:

Quote:
The Internet's contribution to the diffusion and dissemination of knowledge and information is truly remarkable.
Who would say such a thing?

Richard Rawlings? Give me a break.

Corky Coker? Yeah, right.

Jon? Nope, he wishes.

This guy, the Dalai Lama.

Most spiritual/religious stuff is confusing to me, but I do think this Dalai Lama guy seems pretty smart, especially judging from the articles he's written and published on the net. Anyway, looking at that picture, I like to think that, if the Dalai Lama could see what's going on here, he'd be laughing right along with us.

You can read more about it here: the Dalai Lama's Letter.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 AM

Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

Dodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Good find!

Awwwwww, man -- this is going to be fun.

Nice work. Can you post a url of where you found them?
Here is the URL for the photos of Dodgy. You will probably notice a few more Dodgy characters here.

http://www.cardomain.com/features/gumball3000_gallery
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.