Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 15 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 11:55 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

post of the week!

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Move It On Over!

Last photo:

"Bullrun is the most glamorous and high profile of the new breed of high-end "luxury lifestyle" automotive rallies. Each year, a hundred of the world's premier super-cars embark on the beginning of an invite-only epic eight-day rolling party across the USA, bringing together a celebrity strewn cast of characters and 'petrosexuals' for an unforgettable adventure, where, the only obligatory goals are to party, drive and enjoy."

Petrosexuals?

I for one dismiss these Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World Petrosexuals as evil satans.

"Get thee behind me, Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World Petrosexual: thou art an offense unto me" -- not from the Hot Rodder's Bible
Old 08-29-2006, 03:48 PM

Last photo:

A little problem on the way.

It seem's the powers of the Anti-Christ are a little less than the RCMP.
As this report shows.

Richard Rawlings, propriator of Dallas's Gas Monkey Garage and one of Bullrun's bigger 'n Texas personalities, took some time out of his rally prep regimen of struttin' and testifyin' to do an on-camera ID for a crew we believe comprised the official Bullrun documentarians for TV. Later in the day, Rawlings was forced to find a new co-pilot for his BMW 7-Series car, when second-in-command, Michael Jackson (no Bubbles jokes, please) was denied entrance to Canada due to an undisclosed prior, and he and Rawlings were possibly strip-searched. Rawlings tells it, after the jump.

He won't be joining us and there is no getting him out. I guess I'll have to rustle me up a co-pilot. I woulda stayed and got him out, but there was no gettin' him out. I need a beer worse than I've needed one in a long time. Here's your quote: 'He actually accomplished everything in one day that I thought he'd do he'd do in one week. He literally **** his pants and puked twice.
Anyone, anyone?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

This guy, the Dalai Lama.

Most spiritual/religious stuff is confusing to me, but I do think this Dalai Lama guy seems pretty smart, especially judging from the articles he's written and published on the net. Anyway, looking at that picture, I like to think that, if the Dalai Lama could see what's going on here, he'd be laughing right along with us.

You can read more about it here: the Dalai Lama's Letter.
Jon, there is nothing mysterious about spirituality...it is in each and every one of us. The Dalai Lama is one of my most respected people and for great reason...he says it like it is with no "pulp".

This world would be a better place if all of us would try to live our lives like him (Mr. Coker, Rawlings, etc...ARE YOU LISTENING)?
Old 08-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Your right...but the people that you mentioned only care about one thing.....MONEY...... they certainly do not care about others.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM

Last photo:

I figured this would happen sooner or later. Like it or not hotrodding is a niche market and this website's members make up a nice sized chunk of it.

I hate phony wannabe scum trying to make a dollar off the uninitiated youth in our hobby.

Larry
Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 PM

Last photo:

I just updated my photoalbum on this site, and in the links just above ads by google, gasmonkeygarage was one of them. Thought that was kinda interesting. I am taking it these are random links.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:56 PM

multiple apologies

To all that have read or will read this thread,

The first time I saw this discussion board, it looked to be a quality site with lots of discussion about hot rods and the ability of folks to ask questions of each other. Coker Tire Company does surf around looking around car related discussion forums to see if we can answer questions or see if there are problems that should be solved. On Friday August 25, one of my staff forwarded me a heads up email that the administrator (Jon) of this site had sent to our general inbound email box. Jon indicated that he was disappointed that we were involved with Gas Monkey and clearly wanted us to get involved in his (Jonís) fight. He had already created and posted his video when he sent us the first email received. I posted on this thread stating that we do not know Gas Monkey, did not think it cool to involve us in Jonís personal little war and asked for resolution which meant leave us out of it. Jon ridicules my answers and turns everything I said into some sort of threat. I never threatened anyone. I left Sunday noon for meetings in Canada. Monday comes and one of our guys, Andy, reads the thread slamming us for no real reason and obviously gets mad and posts (without authorization). He calls Jons names, silly names. Jon looks up the IP address and posts that it is my IP address, so it HAS to be me. It wasnít. There are over 50 computers here at Coker, all with the same IP address all used by different employees. The manager of the Customer Service department, Jess posts an apology for Andyís clearly misguided post. Although Andy is a very loyal young man and felt the need to stand up for me, he should not have and now feels like he accomplished the opposite he was trying to do. Andy didnít help. He was foolish to be sure. I am sorry if Jon thinks I am a liar and a jerk. Iím not.

I am sorry that I allowed the administrator of this site to pull me into this which is exactly what he was trying to do to begin with. Gas Monkey should not have used our name. I donít know them. Hotrodders.com should not have used our name either. Just because someone else says something, it doesnít either make it so, make it right, or true. I donít care for any ďanti-ChristĒ statement at all.

I am also sorry that I did not remember what my grandfather taught me about walking through the field at our farm growing up. He told me that when you pass a greenish black pile in the field, donít step in it, donít stir it with a stick, just walk around it. When you interact with that pile at all, it smellsÖ.so just avoid those piles. Although I feel like the pile was picked up and thrown at me and the Coker name, I still am sorry for interacting with it. Last time you will hear from me. By the way, I agree that we all should work hard to get young people involved in hotrodding correctly. I really do not believe this is the way.

Sincerely,

Corky Coker
Old 08-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

Did you know that the Coker Tire name was going to be mentioned in the video, or not? Yes or no? "I don't know them" is an evasive answer that doesn't apply to this situation. Did you know, or not?

Did you pay for the sponsorship mention? Yes or no? Who did? Why won't your brother talk to us?

A homo-erotic photo of two men in "Spank My Monkey" thongs was posted on our site. An extremely manipulative, despicable video with sneaky subliminal marketing tactics that damages hotrodding culture was posted on our site. All of this was done in clear violation of our guidelines. The fact that it was done under the guise of "let's donate to charity" is reprehensible. Anyone who is involved should be ashamed.

We asked nicely for an apology numerous times. We were ignored.

It's very simple. This is a forum for freely exchanging hotrodding knowledge and culture. It's not a place to be manipulated for the marketing ventures of parts suppliers, production companies, or anyone else with a commercial interest.

I want to know who footed the bill. I want to know everyone who was involved.

I haven't said that it HAS to be you at all. Is it being implied? You bet. The comments in our parodies have been attributed to "Coker Tire", as they should be. Coker Tire is responsible for everything that gets said under Coker Tire's name. You are the head of Coker Tire, so you are being selected as the representative in our parodies.

Either way, we don't trust you. You came in here and tried to push us around and manipulate us. Legal scare tactics while you run afoul of the law? It was disgusting what you did, and we are owed an apology.

A member of your company, posting here without revealing his ties to your company, is extremely duplicitous and shady. If he was posting from your company IP address, why did he put "CO" as his location, and then mention my personal name, and Boulder,CO, the town that I live in? Because he was lying about his location, and because he wanted to make me feel afraid for my personal safety and privacy, that's why.

By the way, if you think you can come in here and slam my character, you're nuts. I've dedicated years of my life to this community, and earned a reputation as a solid leader. We are a knowledge and culture powerhouse with awesome members and solid morals. You're a slick, well-connected marketer using some very questionable tactics. You're trying to sneak away from responsibility by attacking my character. You refuse to address the issues here. You ignore our direct questions, and you attack my character, and the character of our members, instead.

By the way, keep watching as this scandal unfolds. You wouldn't believe some of the things we've uncovered already, but haven't mentioned yet.

You haven't apologized for anything.

Jerk.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:47 AM

What was Coker Tire's role in the posting of a homo-erotic "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and a despicable "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video, on our forums? Are you saying you didn't know at all that your company name was going to be mentioned in the video? Oh, please.

What was Coker Tire's role in the posting of a homo-erotic "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and a despicable "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video, on our forums? Someone is funding this crap. Who?

What was Coker Tire's role in the posting of a homo-erotic "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and a despicable "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video, on our forums? You guys are one of the biggest companies in the industry. You're very well tied to SEMA. Something is going on here.

What was Coker Tire's role in the posting of a homo-erotic "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and a despicable "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video, on our forums? That propaganda sneaking its way into knowledge-based communities is incredibly uncool.

What was Coker Tire's role in the posting of a homo-erotic "Spank My Monkey" photograph, and a despicable "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video, on our forums? Your personal relationship with Richard Rawlings has no bearing on this. Everything can be done without you ever having to personally meet or talk to him.

I have no desire to hear semantic trickery: "I don't know Richard". "We've never met". "I don't like the Anti-Christ thing either". "It looks like my brother just had these guys build a car for him". "Let me tell you a story about my grandfather's farm".

We want an answer. Who is behind this? Who put up the money? Not the production company, Dodgy Monkey Media. Not the star, Richard Rawlings. Who?

Because whoever funded it, is ultimately responsible.

I think that the incredibly obvious answer is that the two sponsors that are mentioned in the video are the ones that are funding it. And, I think you're pulling out every trick in the book to not have to admit it.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 AM

It really would be interesting to see who actually footed the bill for the Video. If it's not you? Then who?
Come on Corky, please try and bring some credibility back to the Coker tire company.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 AM

And, Corky, I choose my battles extremely carefully. The vast majority of things that go on here are trivial. Shouting matches between members, pranks between forums. Baby stuff.

There's only been one other time in over 6 years that we've had to aggressively pursue a situation. A very similar situation, where the mainstream hotrodding media was trying to gain some crucial ground by throwing some muscle around. I'm thankful for it now, because it's what made me put together our Coalition, and compile our list of 130+ hotrodding forums.

I know exactly what it means when someone scripts an "I'm quickly establishing myself" line for millions of people, with spots on the Discovery Channel. It means that some media jackholes are looking to "quickly establish" some fake loser. I think you guys are footing the bill.

Their response to the fact that hotrodders are fed up with the sellout scene is to artificially fabricate a sellout of their choice, masquerading as an anti-sellout. Also, Gas Monkeys (I know you're checking in daily), there's still the unanswered question of whether you guys are intentionally inducing rust on your cars. By the way, Gas Monkey Guys, have you gone to Google lately and typed in "Gas Monkey Garage". I can see that our message "Fake Badboy Hollywood Hot Rod Sellouts" is now plastered on the front page of Google for your brand. It's only climbing higher.

Corky, what do you think is going to happen when people type "Coker Tire" into search engines? Eventually, our new page is going to come up. Just like you see "Fake Badboy Hollywood Hot Rod Sellouts" when you type in "Gas Monkey Garage", you'll see "Corky Coker Is a Jerk" when you type in "Coker Tire". And I wonder if people are going to click on it.

Perfectly legal, totally American. Brought to your knees by weapons of laughter.

I don't want to hear about your personal relationship to Richard, how "it looks like my brother just had these guys build a car for him", or your grandfather's cow crap. You are so out of touch with what people truly think that it's unbelievable.

I want to know who put up the money so that some dodgy marketing chump came onto our forums, and posted a homo-erotic photograph of two guys in "Spank My Monkey" thongs, and an "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video on our site. By the way, good luck trying to pull the legal angle, especially after all of the shady stuff you and your threatening "employee" pulled on us. Jerk.

Who funded this?

By the way, kids, here's a new parody page for our Monkey Boys Media Center. It works off of Corky's famous line: "It looks like my brother just had these guys build a car for him". Check it out:

It Looks Like My Brother Just Had These Guys Build a Car for Him.

Classic. Those awesome parodies of Coker Tire publicly insulting us are in there too, we need to show those to everyone on the planet.

And, I have a cool idea for a new parody. We can do the double-Corky side-by-side pic, but with his businessman-like SEMA mugshot. Then, we can have one side asking the same question over and over again: "Who put up the money for the "Spank My Monkey" photograph and the "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video". And, the other side will come up with a million different ways to avoid the question.

And, it will be hilarious .
Old 08-30-2006, 04:12 AM

And, a special message for SEMA folks, whom I also know are watching this:

Are you noticing how these parodies are slowly starting to mention SEMA more and more. That's because I want you to pressure your 2005 "Person of the Year" Corky Coker, into forking over the truth.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 AM
"May the Schwartz be with you"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Finally getting going...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Jon,

Check out this forum...

http://www.scaleautomag.com/sca/comm...TOPIC_ID=38480

Seems dodgy has been letting out the incredible news that he "guesses" Rawlings is giving away a hot rod...
Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 AM

Oh yeah, I was just looking at that on the search page too. It looks like we missed one.

Gentlemen -- any volunteers?

--------------
And one more note to SEMA, or any business owner. Here's a promise. You can add this to your next SEMA newsletter:

"The next time any hotrodding business owner or hotrodding business employee even hints at interfering with the personal safety and/or privacy of any hotrodding forum administrator, moderator, or member, I will personally see to it that I do everything within my power to destroy your business."

----

Coker, you owe us a monumental apology, and a big chocolate cake.

SEMA -- surely you guys have someone more savvy that can come forward and talk to us? We all know that the video and the photograph are preposterous. We all know what's going on here. We're not going to settle for "It looks like my brother just had these guys build a car for him", followed by some feeble backpedaling peppered with Grandpa's cow patty parables. We're being treated like mentally retarded children. Really. We have plenty of smaller business owners on this board who would never try to pull a move like that. Get your act together.
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.