Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Nice work gentlemen .

I'll bet ya can't top this one though:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys12.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	14267  

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

jon, i coulda swore that you were born w/o the ability to be mad, turns out you were saving it all up

but once again, i cant argue with hat youve said .....
Old 08-21-2006, 12:14 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Hey Jon, if they post their videos on our site can we post these pictures on their blog?

Mike
Old 08-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Nightfire -- sure. If they have "posting guidelines" for their blog, be sure to read them and abide by them; at very least, we can extend them the courtesy that they failed to extend to us. However, considering the other content on their sites, I'm sure this would not be a violation of their rules.

Fortunately, this is the internet, not TV .

Once these silly sellout badboys are exposed as inadequate representatives of hotrodding culture, then they will cease to exist. The phrase: "The emperor wears no clothes" comes to mind. Or in this case: "The anti-christ of the hot rod world wears no clothes".

There are numerous blogs and forums that might find this interesting and humorous. Some places you might not be able to post pics, so you'll need to enter text. You can always refer people to: http://hotrodders.com/badboys . That's a link which I've set up to instantly redirect to this discussion.

In fact, it looks like the video is still up on YouTube. I think I'm going to register on YouTube, and place a well-thought out and detailed comment on their video.

BTW, here's another one:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys8.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	14273  
Old 08-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Blowin' it

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Running again...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanks, I just lost my lunch, you know seeing this made this crappy Monday a little more funny. Wow, I can't imagine what is actually going through Jon's mind, besides what he typed up.

I have to say that this thread is no longer something I can look at!!!! Dudes in bikini bottoms -- NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!

Jason
Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I saw the car a WOW in Dallas last winter. Loved the rawhide top. But you told us there that it was sold. So what happened? Seller back out, or was never really sold for that price, you just made the whole thing up to legitimize what you were asking. Still the same car(s) Anything new coming?

Last edited by willowbilly3; 08-21-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:22 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy45
If the car is licensed in Texas it has to pass an inspection that is pretty thorough so the car is safe....
Not so. The car was built for a member of the Coker family (Coker Tires) and they only have two locations, Tenn, and Ca. The person who commissioned the car says in the video that he never even saw the car till he came to pick it up.

That said and after checking out the build pics it probably is a safe car. Their chassis building is quite good. I do agree with Jon though, their post here is shameless self promotion designed only to make them money.

Last edited by Centerline; 08-21-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:34 PM

Just to clarify: Gas Monkey did not post anything on this site. The production company did. They did not ask me to do so or know I was going to.

Please feel free to rail on the production company.

My original intent was to get feedback on the video not self promotion. Unfortunately it became a rant against rat rods, Richard and or Gas Monkey Garage.

I understand that you may not like the content of the video. I acknowledge your position and your opinion.

I do believe Gas Monkey build quality Hot Rods and Richard and Aaron are quality individuals. I think the many people who have met them or have seen their cars can attest to that. Thanks to those of you who have PM'd me to say so.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:39 PM

willowbilly3 - there were two cars built like the one in the video - one for The Bullrun in 2005 which was sold. A similar one was built for David Coker after he was told The Bullrun car was sold.

I am a car lover not an expert however both cars had some amazing details.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
That said and after checking out the build pics it probably is a safe car. Their chassis building is quite good. I do agree with Jon though, their post here is shameless self promotion designed only to make them money.
Centerline, it sounds like a mellowing towards the rat rods yet maintaining a bias. Are you in politics in Show Low? It's a nice place , just went though their today.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Here's another one guys. The production company made me do it, I swear .

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys13.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	14284  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy
Just to clarify: Gas Monkey did not post anything on this site. The production company did. They did not ask me to do so or know I was going to.

Please feel free to rail on the production company.

My original intent was to get feedback on the video not self promotion. Unfortunately it became a rant against rat rods, Richard and or Gas Monkey Garage.

I understand that you may not like the content of the video. I acknowledge your position and your opinion.

I do believe Gas Monkey build quality Hot Rods and Richard and Aaron are quality individuals. I think the many people who have met them or have seen their cars can attest to that. Thanks to those of you who have PM'd me to say so.
Spoken in the cloth of any self-promoting Gas Bag.

If deception doesn't work, revert to distraction.
Quote:
My original intent was to get feedback on the video not self promotion.
Your intent Sir, was blatant self promotion under the guise of philanthropic selflessness.

Pardon me Sir,,,, Is that fecal matter on your ears??
Quote:
Unfortunately it became a rant against rat rods, Richard and or Gas Monkey Garage.
I regret to inform you that along with regressive cognitive comprehension your eyesight is suffering from tunnel vision.
A common symptom of ARCI (Acute Rectal-Cranial Immersion) is a patients peripheral vision is limited to the diameter of the patients Bellybutton.

I therefore submit that you in your consideration for a Charitable Organization you include the Institute for ARCI.

As they say, "Charity begins at home!"

Last edited by suppa roosta; 08-21-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy45
Centerline, it sounds like a mellowing towards the rat rods yet maintaining a bias. Are you in politics in Show Low? It's a nice place , just went though their today.
Rat Rods aren't my cup of tea, however my main focus with any vehicle is safety. You can build any rod in any style you choose and it could be unsafe. And if it was unsafe I would have the same problem with it that I do "Rat Rods" with no front brakes that win engineering awards. It just seams that at the moment the trend towards the "no front brakes" and "too low" for normal driving is "the way to go". It may be "cool" at the moment but it sure as he11 isn't safe.

The bottom line is build what you like but make it safe and drivable.

We found Show Low about 10 years ago by taking a short cut from Albuquerque to Phoenix and pretty much fell in love with the place at first sight. And what's not to love, tall Ponderosa pines, and in the summer Phoenix's nighttime lows are our daytime highs. Next time you come through I hope we're home instead of on the road. I'd enjoy showing you our log home and my new garage.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj57

I personally could care less about any one of them..

but your opinion about liking anybody doesnt really equate an equal comparison in this discussion. I used them as an example, This is a Hot Rodders website. period. shouldnt be slighted by any means or not help or favor any particular style. But then again its not "my" website and i dont run it so for now i just give my opinion on what i see...

I could care less about anyone of them in the sense of their BORING reality shows. I used to watch American HotRod till I got tired of all the drama. I've said this 1,000 times, "If I want reality I'll turn the TV off and fight with my girlfriend."

If the drama they exude isn't enough to turn your stomach then the language certainly is. Do you talk like $$%^^&*( out in your garage? Daily?

Who hasn't mashed thir finger and started in with, "#$#$%^."

I know from experience you don't throw things around your car. Why? Cause you usually end up damaging something, like the car.

A little off the thread topic, but whatever happened to television being entertaining?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Lost in the 60's

Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj57
A little off the thread topic, but whatever happened to television being entertaining?
It still is if you can catch the old Andy Griffith re-runs. Other than that its the pits.
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.