Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 09:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Not my best work, but not bad for lunch break...

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 AM
here to learn

Last journal entry: finishing up the skirts
Last photo:

after reading all your comments towards those two young gentlemen, i think ill stop wearing my banana hammock

just imagine how those guy's parents feel
Old 08-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Hey -- nice work MoparGuy . As I'm sure you can tell, I'm just an image-editing amateur with some freeware "thought-bubble" software. Also, welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board . We have a stronghold of members here who also describe themselves as "Mopar guys".

I would think that a liquor advertisement would be a natural next marketing step for these guys. Or maybe cigarettes, everyone knows that those are even badder.

I like the drawn-in red mustaches that you used. It reminds me of the 18-second mark of Gas Monkey Garage's video, in which red drawn-in devil horns and tail are used to indicate Richard Rawlings's status as the "anti-Christ of the hot rod world". Also, note the convenient proximity of the word "Voodoo", to further push the theme. I'm sure that's just a coincidence, these things are never scripted. Here's a screenshot:

That will be enjoyable to parody when someone (possibly me) has some fun with that video.

Hopefully we will get more contributions like MoparGuy's when this thread receives even more attention. The YouTube video is now listing 1,801 views, while this thread is now at 983 views. We are gaining ground quickly . To help us out, I've added a link to this thread on the home page of Hotrodders.com. People can easily access this discussion simply by clicking the link that says: "Sellout fake badboy Hollywood hotrodders: Gas Monkey Garage".

Also, it will be cool when Google adds this page to their search results. That way, when people enter "gas monkey garage" into Google, our discussion will come up. It looks like the marketing goons for Gas Monkey Garage don't have very strong search engine optimization skills (the ability to make sure that your pages are properly publicized in search engines). This is an interesting irony, since search engine optimization is one of my strongest skills.

Henry Highrise, rj57 -- remember Junkyard Wars? Awesome show.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys_tail.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	14302  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:25 AM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgy
willowbilly3 - there were two cars built like the one in the video - one for The Bullrun in 2005 which was sold. A similar one was built for David Coker after he was told The Bullrun car was sold.

I am a car lover not an expert however both cars had some amazing details.
I thought the car was well executed save a couple minor details that would be nitpicking to mention. I also really liked the chop on the Fleetline. The airbag system was a very nice bit of engineering on the sedan.
What else have they done? I seem to keep seeing the same 2 cars in any pictures at shows. Not really carping on you, just wondering what else they have turned out.
I say kick the production company in the ***** and forget all the kulture crap and build cars if you can do that kind of work. Look at what lasts and it isn't fads, it's always the more conservative or ingenious stuff.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:37 PM

I just posted this thread on Steves Nova site.
What a bunch of idiots these guys are.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 PM

Nice work NWayne .

I believe that if we spread our parody around the net, we can help eliminate these ridiculous shows, and do our part to stop the chump-ening of American hotrodding. We have mumbled and looked at our shoes long enough. Pulling the fake-charity scam, and declaring your prefabricated black-thonged monkey-spanking superstar to be the "anti-Christ of the hot rod world" is over the line. These guys are using us, and we're letting them.

Here's a list that we've compiled with over 130 different hotrodding forums: list of over 130 hotrodding forums. If anyone reading this is a member of any of those forums, please post a link to this thread, or feel free to post any of the pics in this thread (as long as it's in compliance with your chosen forum's guidelines, we've heard that bad things happen if you disrespect a hotrodding forum ). You can link to this thread directly via: http://www.hotrodders.com/badboys .

dodgy, you might want to add that list to your marketing portfolio . We know many of those forum administrators, and I'm sure they'd be similarly thrilled to mock your bargain-basement manipulation. Just trying to do you a favor; we are in your debt for the gift of laughter . I am also curious to see whether you guys can spin some damage control as quickly as we can spread the truth. Had you offered us a genuine apology as we initially requested, rather than spin and manipulation, then you might not be in this situation right now.

It looks like the "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video is still up on YouTube, with 1,811 views. This discussion now has 1,188 views, and climbing fast. I'll repeat my request: Please remove that video from the internet immediately.

Additionally, we are awaiting a pubic apology from Richard Rawlings. While dodgy's production company Dodgy Monkey Media is partially to blame, Richard is ultimately responsible, and he owes us an apology. So far, I haven't even received a reply to my email to him. Which is too bad, because I was hoping he can help us choose a charity to donate to.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 PM

Hey Jon, no problem. These guys are morons.
Maybe someone should try to contact the Coker tire guy? Let him know what these people are doing, and how it makes him look to be involved with them?
Maybe that will get them to pull the video?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

im speachless.....and not in a good way.

are those photo's real!!?? I didnt see the original post lol.

god help them and their habbit, if its bad enough they get 98% naked to support it.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:05 PM

Thanks NWayne -- good suggestion. Our guys have positively reviewed Coker Tire in our Hotrodders Company Reviews section, at this link: reviews of Coker tire . Plus, we've had them listed in our Hot Rod Search Engine for quite some time now, in our Hot Rod Tires category, at this link: hot rod tires. It looks like we've sent them nearly 5,000 visitors through our search engine. I'm sure they'd be interested. I've just sent an email to info@coker.com, their contact email address.

Oh, sorry dodgy, I forgot to mention -- we also run the largest search engine on the net specifically for hotrodding links. We have contact information for hundreds of hotrodding companies.

BTW dodgy, here's your next move, in case you're wondering:

Talk to a lawyer. I suggest one of those super-bad lawyers, with a black thong that says "Sue my monkey". Here's what he'll tell you:

Quote:
If they're inexperienced, we can try to scare them by sending an official-looking Cease and Desist letter. The standard move is to threaten legal action for defamation, or violation of copyright. However, the First Amendment clearly allows them to speak freely online, and this has been repeatedly tested within the American judicial system, and ingrained into American culture. Furthermore, the fact that you posted the soon-to-be-famous black thong pic on their site, as promotional material, and that they're obviously reproducing it for purposes of parody, eliminates any chance of victory for us. If they are savvy, they'll add the letter to their pile of Cease and Desists, and they'll publicize it on the web to embarass us further. If they have contacts at any legal organizations that protect online free speech (Electronic Frontier Foundation, Chilling Effects Clearinghouse, Free Expression Policy Project, etc.), then they could really make us look stupid.

The current tally:

Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World Video on YouTube: 1,829 views.
This discussion: 1,347 views.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fast65Elky
im speachless.....and not in a good way.

are those photo's real!!?? I didnt see the original post lol.

god help them and their habbit, if its bad enough they get 98% naked to support it.
Other than the little thought and speech balloons that Jon put in, yes that is the pic that was in the first post.

What a couple of ....well , you know. One is the pitcher....

I saved an unmodified pic before they took it down, I'm sure Jon has one too, in case anyone needs it.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM

Here's the original pic, in the first attachment below. The second attachment has blank word-balloons, for people to create their own parodies. The rest of the attachments are some samples of previous stuff that I've posted in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	14319   Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys_words.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	14320   Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys8.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	14321   Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys12.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	14322   Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys13.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	14323  

Old 08-23-2006, 06:57 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

What a disgrace

I finally got around to wasting 3 minutes and 48 seconds of my life. Are these guys for real!!

What a waste of a 30-31 Model A

Some of the cars shown are neat - others appear to be death traps.

This whole rat rod movement apalls me. Are we, hot rodders being lead into the so called outlaw biker mentality by a few magazines and builders? While I did grow up in the late '50s and early '60's, there was no intent to build a car that had less than good and safe equipment - there just wasn't the level of parts and pieces available by dialing 1-800-BUY PART. Yes, you had Honest Charlie and Edelbrock, but most car parts came from salvage yards, and were the best that we could make them with what little money we had and the good graces of our favorite junky. My current '31A project is a completely new car, with the oldest piece being a '57 Ford 9" but set up with Wilwood discs. It is safe, being built to NSRA 23 safety requirements as a minimum

Jon, I applaud you for taking your stand on this subject and will support this anti-junk position on both cars and the people who put this drivel in front of us.

To digress a bit, I do watch some of the soap opera auto shows, not so much for the BS story line, but to see how they get from point A to point Z, the final product. It amazes me on how little they really show while they buid a car. Occasionally I do pick up a tip on a direction. I do know one thing, if I had to work with Duane(assuming that his anger is real) more than about 2 days, he would be invited out behind the barn for a 'discussion'
Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM

Good morning everyone . I've been doing some research on Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage. Thought you would enjoy the latest parody.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys17.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	14339   Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys18.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	14340  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 AM

Here's the third strip in this series. More to come, kids.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys19.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	14341  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Jon- has anyone from monkey spankers garage responded to your emails or attempts at contact? I notice that there are usually as many guests veiwing this thread as are members.
That is too funny.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 08-23-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Those were not his videos OOPS
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.