Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!!!!! Keep it up Jon. Only 45,700+ members that will love it too!!!!! And they think image is everything. No more Anti Christ of hot rodding there - just a couple of stupid looking guys in advertising thongs. Think anyone will buy those anymore and if they did do you think they will wear them now.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 10:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Jon, according to thier website they are going to be featured on Musclecar, and Overhaulin. May be worth while to try and contact these shows as well? MAybe send them a link to this?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:09 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!!!!! Keep it up Jon. Only 45,700+ members that will love it too!!!!! And they think image is everything. No more Anti Christ of hot rodding there - just a couple of stupid looking guys in advertising thongs. Think anyone will buy those anymore and if they did do you think they will wear them now.
And if you look at the members names at the bottom of the last page, you will see that every word is being watched !!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

No official response yet from Monkey Spanker Mission Control. The business day just got started though.

One of my guesses is that dodgy and Richard Rawlings might even be one and the same. It's clearly an integrated marketing plan: "Gas Monkey Garage", and "Dodgy Monkey Media". Richard really likes the whole "monkey" theme.

Note how Dodgy Monkey Media's url points to a placeholder domain page, not a real website: http://dodgymonkey.com/ .

A classic response to this situation would be for them to blame the "production company". For all we know, the "production company" could even be Richard Rawlings's video camera tripod.

Considering his history as a successful advertising executive, the notion that he's an innocent naive hotrodder, manipulated by a big bad production company, is ridiculous. Although, before I found out about his past, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now, you can see how all the pieces fit into place.

NWayne -- I saw that on their website too, and emailed both of those shows last night .
Old 08-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

What if everyone on here sends Gas Monkey Garage an e-mail with one of these parodies in it. Even if 20 people sent one it would be worth it.
Everyone could also post pictures on their blog. I've already put the link to this thread on the blog.

Mike
Old 08-23-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

NWayne -- I saw that on their website too, and emailed both of those shows last night .
Awsome. If you can post the email addresses to the shows? Maybe we can flood their email boxes. I'll be first in line.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Ok so I found something a little more entertaining, (not like my last misguided post) and of the right guy(??)

In wandering around the very "technically oriented" gasmonkey website I found that:

Richard rawlins claims to be the worlds only 3 time winner of the bullrun "race"
What a distinction
(I had never heard of the bullrun, now I know why)

here is a description of that "event"
Bullrun is the most glamorous and high profile of the new breed of high-end ?luxury lifestyle? automotive rallies. Each year, a hundred of the world?s premier super-cars embark on the beginning of an invite-only epic eight-day rolling party across the USA, bringing together a celebrity strewn cast of characters and ?petrosexuals? for an unforgettable adventure, where, the only obligatory goals are to party, drive and enjoy...

Very prestigious race ...uh huh

What the hell is a "petrosexual"?

here is a link to the supposed 3 time winner's section.
Now we know where that gay pic came from.

http://www.bullrun.com/showGallery.p...ntGalleryID=49

It appears he earned the distinction of being the "loudest"
How appropriate.
He did get the "always first" award in 04 (i'll bet that makes his girlfriend happy)

and the spirit award in 05.
Rah rah!

later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 08-23-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Tow Chainer

Last wiki edit: Rebuilding an early Hemi engine
Last journal entry: cruise pics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Looks like they have made friends over on the hamb also....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ghlight=monkey

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...ight=gasmonkey

I think the last post there by dvlscoupe says it all

Re: Gas Monkey Garage makes the coolest stuff...
He sure gets a lot of plublicity on boards like these. I think he gets more business 'cause everyone *****es about him and keeps him in the spot light.
I think if everyone ignores him he will end up burried in the debt that is his fancy trailer and will be gone for the rest of our lives! We should let the gas monkey loose back in to the wild!

They are playing a game, trying to say look I'm such an outlaw I have all the message boards talking...

Badboy wannabes.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Lol this thread gets more entertaining every day. Maybe I should do another parody sometime when I get around to it. But oh no, I might screw with the bad boy image! I.. can't let that happen!! So many people look up to that Oh and one more thing.. Spank the monkey!!
Old 08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classix_Lover
Lol this thread gets more entertaining every day. Maybe I should do another parody sometime when I get around to it. But oh no, I might screw with the bad boy image! I.. can't let that happen!! So many people look up to that Oh and one more thing.. Spank the monkey!!
I'll spank your monkey...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfire
Now that's just WRONG

mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 08-23-2006, 11:48 AM

Nice work Nightfire. I've been trying to post a link to this thread on the YouTube video comment section, but I keep getting a generic "An error occured while posting the comment" message. No idea what the problem is. I've tried several different browsers, maybe it's my OS.

NWay -- you can reach Overhaulin' at support@overhaulin.com. MuscleCar is part of the "PowerBlock" collection of shows. You can reach their advertising department at info@powerblocktv.com .

powerrodsmike -- nice find.

Be careful not to send "bulk" emails guys, by sending the same text to multiple email addresses. You'll have to type each one out separately (even if they are very similar anyway), otherwise it may be considered disrespectful.

I've also been emailing the marketing departments at the large automotive corporations (GM, Chrysler, etc.). I highly doubt that they'll respond, but I think this can be passed around a few corporate boardrooms for some great laughs.

I also think that the marketing schools of universities would be interested in this. For them, it could serve as a good example of how NOT to market to online automotive communities.

I've been having some trouble trying to contact Billy Joe Armstrong, of the band Green Day. He's just one of the celebrities that Gas Monkey Garage built a bike for. However, his name does appear on the Gas Monkey Garage website, so I thought he would want to know what they're doing. It turns out that there are actually official "Green Day Forums", at this link: http://www.greenday.com/idiotclub/ . However, it costs $20 to join their forums, so I'm trying to figure out a way to get an email through first. If anyone reading this can get a message through to him, please do so.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfire
LMFAO! You naughty boy With that said, look at how many guests there are viewing this thread hahaha! Annnddd I've come up with another parody, enjoy everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ghey copy2.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	14342  
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Lost in the 60's

The whole time that I was reading and viewing this thread there was a song going through my mind.......It was a Jimmy Dean song I think.....Big Bad Jon...Ha Ha Ha Go get them Jon....We got your back.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 PM

I also have put together some parody material to work the "fat" aspect of the photo. It's in the attachment to this post.

BTW, it looks like this discussion has now been viewed 2,133 times, while the "Anti-Christ of the Hot Rod World" video is only at 1,981. That was easy. I wonder how long it will take to get to 100,000 views.

HH -- thanks, but I'm just a web geek, the lowest level on the International Monkey Spanker Badness scale. Bummer .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys20.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	14343  
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.