Gas Monkey Garage is giving away a Hot Rod - need your help - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

If it wasn't for the PG rating to keep it in, I would have already photochoped thier pics so bad, They would run crying to their mommy because were making fun of them, because thats just how bad they are

Brad

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
If it wasn't for the PG rating to keep it in, I would have already photochoped thier pics so bad, They would run crying to their mommy because were making fun of them, because thats just how bad they are

Brad
Lol I love how Jon put it as trying to keep people from using "blatant gay jokes" because that's what everyone thinks of whenever they even just glance at the pictures. I'm sure everyone is holding back realllyyyy badly from putting some good one's on there that would get sent to the dump faster than these guys can shed their clothes
Old 08-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

seriously tho, yea theyre pretty lucky jons a decent guy, i pmed him a link to mine because it was well .... placed in a homosexual-bar's pool with other half naked male party-goer's. They were havin a good ole fashin brokeback mountain pool party . yep lil oberboard. Cant say my quotes too much sexual enuendo... lucky them I got a good laugh I guess thats what matters. Probably kept me outta some trouble too heh heh. nasty.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Good morning everyone . Although it's actually "good night" for me, or at least it will be shortly.

A little bit more research....

"dodgy" is Stephen Andrews, a wealthy British chump.

He drove a Noble M400 on team 130 in the 2006 Gumball rally, as mentioned on the Gumball forums, where he posts as "dodgy": gumball rally list of participants. Here's a shot of one of his cars, that he posted at GTSpirit.com:

He has 189 posts on NobleForums.com. Here's a link to his post history: dodgy's post history on NobleForums.com . Those who are interested in the life and times of Stephen Andrews will find plenty of information on NobleForums.com.

Here's a post from NobleForums.com in which he says that he has "started a production company" and has "recently posted part one in a series of podcasts on gas monkey garage": post on NobleForums.com. Also, note this thread, in which he asks if any one of his fellow Noble Forum members have a contact at the Discovery Channel: anyone got a discovery channel contact?. Perhaps we should pre-emptively inform them of what he's doing, before we have to sit through an episode of "Pimp My Noble". Also, here's a link to a thread in which he's compiling a list of car "rallys" that he intends to attempt to enter: dodgy's upcoming rallys. We'll need to email those rally sites too.

It looks like he was sponsored by these guys: 1GRacing.com. I'll be adding them to my contact list.

I am looking for a photograph of Stephen Andrews, to include in one of my parodies. I believe I've also located his personal webpage, but it appears to be offline right now. However, Google has cached some pages from it, and there's always Archive.org. If someone locates a photograph, please let me know. The closest I've been able to find is the one below. Is that dodgy in the driver's seat, next to his Gumball 3000 "co-pilot", Playboy playmate Jessica Kramer?

Note the camera mounted over her right shoulder. That means that we should be able to find some dodgy cockpit videos to add to the parody pile. We also have a license plate on him, from another photograph. It's a personalized Texas plate that reads "2 DODGY". Once again folks, the word "dodgy" is an adjective (chiefly British) which means "evasive, tricky, and deceptive". Maybe the plate should say "2 IRONIC".

He also posts on Pistonheads.co.uk. Here's a link to his profile: dodgy's profile on Pistonheads.co.uk.

It's really fascinating to check out some of these forums on which he posts. They are the complete opposite of the culture here. Over-sponsored pimps and pawns for the high-end supercar industry. It's also cool to explore the depths of the chasm that separates automotive enthusiasts, and automotive marketers.

Still waiting on that genuine public apology from Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:51 AM

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monkeyboys21.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	14358  
Old 08-24-2006, 06:35 AM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:

Late to the party, as usual.

I couldn't resist tinkering with one of Jon's parody images, even though I was too lazy to create my own 'word balloons'.

(I wonder if the rust worked its way into some ~bad~ places?)

If these guys really want to be considered *bad*, let 'em grab a sandblaster while in those outfits and take a shot at that (allegedly) rusty relic they're polishing with their bad buns. Do they sell rust kits, too, kinda like those pre-torn jeans that sell for 4 times the price of good ones?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	monkeyboys_sellin_it.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	14359  
Old 08-24-2006, 06:49 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWayne
Awsome. If you can post the email addresses to the shows? Maybe we can flood their email boxes. I'll be first in line.
Please don't. Spam is spam, and nobody likes it. Flooding email servers is just another form of denial of service. It's not a good protest or complaint mechanism.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalopy45
anyone promotion seen such blatant self promotion??http://www.chipfoose.com/ , http://www.boydshop.com/ , http://www.jimmyshine.com/ , http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/ , I'm certain someone can find something offensive in each one and cars they don't like!! The horse is dead, time to stop beating it.
There is a huge difference. How many carnival pitches by Foose, Boyd, etc. have you seen on Hotrodders.com? When visiting a website run by a marketer, for marketing, you expect to see marketing. When visiting a discussion forum with explicit rules prohibiting the interference with discussions by marketers, you should have an expectation of being able to carry on discussions without being bothered by unsolicited commercial messages.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

well i'll be damned..... first time i've read this, i usually don't click if it doesn't interest me, but seeing robs post in the dump piqued my curiosity. .....

Jon has a set.... who knew?
go man go. you bad boy you.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
well i'll be damned..... first time i've read this, i usually don't click if it doesn't interest me, but seeing robs post in the dump piqued my curiosity. .....
Same here.

Hopefully this comment doesn't doesn't land this post in the dump, too.

I don't know what chemicals (or whatever) are used to shrink heads, but I'm wondering if perhaps those two "bad boys" may have accidentally spilled some on thier "packages"???

Tip: Never wear a "banana hammock" after getting out of the pool, and NEVER have your picture taken in PROFILE.

Perhaps someone with better photo-editing skills could do one of those balloon parodies for me using this "shrinkage" theme for me?

Don
Old 08-24-2006, 01:50 PM

BoingBoing just posted some interesting information on the evolution of "speech balloons". Check this out: evolution of Speechballoons. Of course, back then, they were called "speech scrolls". Wikipedia has some good information as well: speech bubbles.

Here's a sample:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	medieval_balloon.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	14376  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I Love VTec

Last photo:

jon you should be a private investigator lol
Old 08-24-2006, 06:41 PM

BTW grouch, good eye on noticing that rust. I am usually pretty good at noticing things, I can't believe I missed that.

The chrome is so shiny, but the rust is so rusty.

I guess that's what David Coker meant when he said: "Gas Monkey Newstalgia".
Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I guess that is a close to billet as you can get without being billet.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:36 PM

Last photo:

Look at the rust drip lines: near the front point of the side trim, under the front bumper, top of the fender, the streaks along the bottom of the door near the photo left badboy's calf, and of course on the hood. All run down the surfaces. (The lines along the bottom of the door look like they run up, but such an appearance could happen naturally. Even those on the door that appear to go upward from the trim could happen, I suppose).

Now compare to the rust under the headlight. It streaks backward. Look at several of the large patches of rust. Some are completely contained patches with no streaking at all. There are a couple that streak diagonally. Many patches appear to have intense rusting in the center, then feathered edges, then lesser rusting, then more feathering.

Again looking near the left badboy's calf, see the brighter dot with a circle pattern around it? Looks like some circular sanding disc about 3" or 4" in diameter hit that. The center of the pad appeared to be higher and didn't cut through all the way.

I may be wrong, but this rust appears to be too carefully random for natural forces. I think you could duplicate this with the use of various tools followed by application of a little battery acid, with all the trim removed, of course.

I suggest we post some pictures of naturally rusty relics to see if any exhibit the same rusting patterns as the badboys' ride.

Attached: My Olds as it once was. All streaks are parallel. I can't find any that run diagonally and certainly none that appear swept by the wind of travel.

You can almost count the passes of a sandblaster on the trunk lid from an early, aborted attempt to strip the car.

Look at the side trim. The reflection of the sun appears to have cooked the paint above and below, with rust spreading out fairly equally from the trim. It does *not* look like some rust-inducing liquid was applied at the trim-line and allowed to run.

Patches of rust are intense where the paint came off, but I see none that feather to lesser rust then feather to good paint. The paint may have been harder for this older car, leading to chipping more than fading. There is a circular impact below and to the right of the gas filler door. Note it does not appear to be a perfect circle as would be caused by a spinning tool.

Anyone else want to show off some natural rust? Are the badboys faking badness, rust, charity?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	49-side-left.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	14380  
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.