Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas Monkey update: Discovery drops Rawlings
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Gas Monkey update: Discovery drops Rawlings

Here's an update on the Gas Monkey scandal. For those of you who aren't up-to-date, please read this section of our site: Gas Monkey Scandal.

Yesterday, I spoke with Kristin Brown of Discovery Communications, the corporation that owns the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, and many others. Kristin is a Vice-President of Communications for Discovery.

Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage were filmed in episodes of the show Overhaulin', to be aired this television season.

Anyway, after reading our Monkey Boys Media Center, Kristin said that Discovery has agreed to discontinue their relationship with Richard Rawlings.

All episodes of Overhaulin' which feature Richard Rawlings or Gas Monkey Garage have been pulled from the air!

Also, Kristin said that Discovery won't be working with Rawlings or Gas Monkey Garage in the future. She said that the Discovery Channel logo, which now appears on GasMonkeyGarage.com, will be disappearing shortly.

Kristin has also given me a direct phone number to reach her whenever necessary. And, she said that Discovery may want our input on future hotrodding shows. This may possibly include a Discovery representative sent to our forums, to gather our feedback before scripting new seasons of Overhaulin'.

----

So, now SEMA has dropped Richard Rawlings and Gas Monkey Garage (discussed in this thread), and so has Discovery .

It's interesting to note that we still haven't received that apology from Richard Rawlings. Next, I'll be calling SpikeTV. Apparently, Gas Monkey Garage is scheduled to appear on episodes of their show MuscleCar.