Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas Monkey update: Discovery drops Rawlings
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 05:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Same thing goes for the magazines. Like in the other thread asking what magazines you subscribe to. I don't subscribe to any. I did to car craft for many years, but the usefull tech articles in them severly declined with only a couple featured cars and quite a bit of advertisement. I was severly disappointed, cause I use to run to the mailbox to see if it arrived and started reading it immediately. Jeff Smith I believe was the editor when it was good, and the humor they threw into their replys to questions was entertaining for sure. I pick up street rodder and it looks like a nice thick magazine with a lot of content. Wrong, its made up of a ton of ads. Some say car craft has been getting better and improving its content. I would hope if enough people can quit subscribing to a magazine when its content declines to encourage an improvement and also enough would choose to not tune into the shows that are one big commercial and cause some good shows to take there place. Not easy to change things though, just look how we have been stuck paying gas prices. Enough will just live with it or not care enough to make a too big a fuss, or will complain but never take the steps themselves to change, let alone encourage others. Many probably don't even realize they are just being fed a big advertisement or just enjoy watching a soap opera. I miss watching junkyard wars. You know it wasn't driven by advertisement, cause they had to use whatever they could find, and try to make it work. I've gone without having cable for a few years now, and for the most part I don't miss it all that much.