Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gas Monkey update: Discovery drops Rawlings
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
home brew -- I don't know if it's the same exact guys. However, the guys trying to write the fake Wikipedia article are definitely Coker-related. Check out the discussion page for the Corky Coker wikipedia article. The article was started by the wikipedia user CokerTire, and it had huge praise for Corky Coker. These are called "vanity" articles on Wikipedia, and they're not allowed. Anyway, when I pointed this out in the discussion page, he deleted my comments (a huge no-no), and replaced them with: "Entry has been updated from original entry to include more notable information in regards to how Corky's dedication and work has helped car collectors and enthusiasts worldwide."

There's another guy in there working for Coker. The wikipedia user QMax. He also deleted some of my comments from the discussion page. I'm pretty sure his name is Josiah Q. Roe. He has a blog on Chattablogs.com, a blog site for people in Chattanooga (that's where Corky lives too). Here's an entry he made in his blog about Corky Coker: http://chattablogs.com/quintus/archives/040292.html . It links to the wiki article. I confronted him about it on his blog, but, of course, he deleted my comments.

Coker's awkwardly trying to cover up this situation now. Part of his plan is to get people to write these fake articles about him on the net, so that our article: Corky Coker Is a Jerk, gets lost among numerous other articles.
I checked that out before. Is there any resolution on the "deletes".

Looks like he (Josiah Q. Roe) is after a free set of tires. In fact he even says that, maybe just to make us think he doesn't work there. Looks like he may be in advertising.