Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - gas powered compressor pump
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Let us know what you think about the Predator engine, I had one of the Greyhound engines and not only was I constantly having to tighten parts that were working loose but the darn thing sure didn't last very long. It was used on my log splitter and after less than an estimated 35 hours (I am sure the estimate is very close) I thought the pulley was loose on the crankshaft but when I checked it out it was the crankshaft loose in the case! I still don't see how that darn thing was not leaking oil because it should have been pouring out as sloppy as that crank was, I could grab the end of the crank and flop it up and down at least 1/8"! The darn thing went to the scrap recycler and was replaced with a Honda.

What I have been hearing is that the new Predator engine is much better built and every bit an equal to the lower end Honda engines, it has a bearing on the crank output instead of running directly on the Aluminum crankcase housing like the Greyhound.