GAS PRICES ARE GETTING CRAZY! READ THIS AND HELP THE PROBLEM dont pump on May 15TH - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 PM
drive it like you stole it!

Last journal entry: engine
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

GAS PRICES ARE GETTING CRAZY! READ THIS AND HELP THE PROBLEM dont pump on May 15TH

i know it hard to do if ur car need gas u have to fill up but they have us all by the neck but please try this who the **** can afford $3.40 a gallon not my *** thats for sure

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices.

Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all myspace members are to not go to a gas station in protest of
high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.20 a gallon in most places! CRAZY!

There are 172,000,000 American members currently on the myspace network, and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up.

If just all the people who have a myspace did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $4,300,000,000.00 (that's BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day.

If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) repost this bulletin and tell everyone you know. Repost it with 'Don't pump gas on May 15th

Tell everyone you know not to go to the pumps on MAY 15TH!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

How many times do we have to go over this?
Don't pump gas on May 15th

IT ISN'T GOING TO DO ANYTHING!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Have fun with the ban. Next time, pick another day besides my bday to promote a plan that took 1 second to come up with, that won't work in any way whatsoever, f-off you spamming p.o.s.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:46 PM
drive it like you stole it!

Last journal entry: engine
Last photo:

please just deleate all of thos things i posted i didnt mean to make everyone so mad!

delate them all please or tell me how to

thank you!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:52 AM

Last photo:

Not buying gas for a day isn't going to do anything. People are still gonna be driving and burning gas and even if they don't buy it on the 15th, they're either gonna fill up on the 14th or they'll have to fill up on the 16th,17th, 18th, etc...

If everybody got together and decided not to drive at all the first week of every month and 172 million people stuck it out for a complete year, maybe something would happen. Delaying your gas purchase for a day isn't going to do anything, except make longer lines on the 16th. Sorry.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:48 AM
got to love it stroked!

i think it would work if people would NOT bye gas from the big two oil/gas companies. you could still drive and bye gas. the big two would lower their prices,gezzz if people would just stick together and not fight about everything ................ you fill that in.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:31 AM

Last journal entry: New Carb
Last photo:

If you want to send a message then you need to boycott one place. Don't by any fuel from that store at all.
It was brought up on another board that I post on. The only way to hurt them is to not buy gas from the at all.
Buying gas on the 14th or the 16th wont make a difference. I put gas in the car yesterday so I'm good till the end of next week.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Will I ever get it done?

Last journal entry: Primer
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Dragon
If you want to send a message then you need to boycott one place. Don't by any fuel from that store at all.
It was brought up on another board that I post on. The only way to hurt them is to not buy gas from the at all.
Buying gas on the 14th or the 16th wont make a difference. I put gas in the car yesterday so I'm good till the end of next week.
Not buying from one store will probably just put that store out of business. The Citgo stations in our area are all scrambling to change brands. Many people quit buying from them due to the political climate with Venezuela. The one down the street just went Sinclair. A boycott of one or two majors might have a slight impact on price. I say slight, because the majors know if they drop the price 5 cents they will get most of the boycotters back.
The only thing which would work would be if a large enough number of Americans significantly changed their transportation habits. Most of the studies I have read indicate that will happen at around $10 per gallon. The difference between $4 a gallon and $10 a gallon is competition between the oil companies. And please, please, please do not think it would be better if the government started controlling it. IMHO, it would get worse while yet another freedom was surrendered.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 AM
The Penny Pincher

Last journal entry: Hanging Bumpers
Last photo:

Fact: Ant time the government runs something it costs more.

Also, if anyone really could do something to hurt the oil companies,
they're not going to lower the costs to keep profits up,
They'll RAISE THE PRICES. Like any company would.
(how do some people think?, or do they)
Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 AM

Last photo:

Actually the solution is simple if people would just wake up. The reason prices are so high is that oil companies can sell every drop they make at that price so the laws of supply and demand rule and boycotting any or all stations for a day or even a week would have no effect because we would just have to play catch up next week in order to continue our life style, Prices WILL fall when (or rather IF) we use less gas than is refined. It would be fairly easy to do this simply by changing the way we drive and become aware of our horrendously wasteful ways, for example take a look at any crowded intersection and see how many 3-4 ton 12 MPG sleds are sitting there with one person in them. How many people drive to work every day in a 12 MPG car or truck? How many people use a gas guzzling SUV as their primary transportation for only 1 or 2 passengers? As I said it is simple there are any number of econo cars and trucks out there, and I am talking about some nice ones too, with 4 bangers that will get well over twice the fuel mileage of the guzzlers that make up so much of the traffic. If we did this the fuel problem would be solved at least for a long time since this one change would cut imports to nearly nothing and promote competition between oil thieves, eh companies. Am I saying we should all just junk our SUVs and such? Not at all just don't use them for primary transportation and save them for the special occasions like long trips and/or when the extra space is NEEDED. We need to quite whining about the oil companies, even though they are not guiltless, and look at where the problem really is and that is in our driveways whether we want to believe it or not. Think about it this way, even just 20 years ago look at the difference in traffic between then and now and how about 30 years ago? Fellows no matter how badly we don't want to face it something HAS to give I mean we can not just keep building more and wider roads, it has to STOP somewhere! All that fuel for all those cars has to come from somewhere and even if there is enough oil for now just how long will it be before the oil shortage is for real? Just facing the facts and changing the way we drive can make our oil supply last a LOT longer and demanding that the government force the oil companies to allow us to continue to waste resources at the rate we do today is not the answer because it is going to come to haunt us big time when that oil shortage becomes real, and make no mistake about it if something don't change that's exactly what is going to happen.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
The Penny Pincher

Last journal entry: Hanging Bumpers
Last photo:

It's a "ego" thing, they must really believe they "look better"
in a huge vehicle.
A real man doesn't need a 6 to 8000 lb vehicle to go back and
forth to work every day when he works in an office.
90% of the vehicles in my company's parking lot are
gas guzzelers, so gas must not be to expensive yet!
They're still buying them
Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Last photo:

oldred, I agree with 99% of what you say, but consider this: the oil companies have obligations to shareholders and investors. Should consumption drop because we all turn our 15mpg vehicles into 30mpg contraptions they will simply need to increase the retail price. They've already established that someone is willing to spend $60+ to fill up that 20 gallon tank in his 15mpg vehicle to get a range of 300 miles. It really won't take much for them to bump the prices up so when you fill that 30mpg vehicle's 15 gallon tank up that you'll pay the same for a tankload. Psychologically the population is already prepared to expend the current cost at the pump. Granted per mile expense will improve but they can increase by that method too. If the first guy is already prepared to spend $0.20 per mile to run his vehicle then before you know it the price will increase to the same level based on a 30mpg transportation and you'll be faced with a $90 cost to fill that new tank up. It's all in the marketing.

The only true way to end up saving will be for public transportation to expand to something that becomes more widely acceptable by the general population. And unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. Local, State and Federal Authorities appear more willing to throw billions into adding another lane to a highway to carry more traffic than to consider spending the same amount on creating an efficient network that people can use to get to/from work.

Last edited by robin58; 05-11-2007 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Last photo:

Okay so you don't fill up one day and cause the oil industry 4 billion.. well out of a 50+ billion a year industry that's chump change.. Oh and not to mention the fact that if you piss them off , they'll just raise the prices even more. This is a part of life that sucks and it's hard to except but deal with it. There are some things in life that we have no control over... I obivously hate the gas pricess too, it costs me $45 a week and my girlfriend and I car pool...
Old 05-11-2007, 09:55 AM

Last photo:

I agree with robin58, as soon as vehicles use less fuel the price goes up.

Here in the UK we are paying atleast $7 equivalent for one gallon of gas or $7.50 for diesel. Even my diesel jeep only dose 23mpg, the gas one is worse.
Last week it cost over $100 to fill the jeeps 18 gallon tank

Over here in 2000, truck drives launched a protest to stop the increase in tax of fuel, they blocked all fuel refineries in the country, went on for days, it worked for a while, they keep threatening to do it again.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Actually the solution is simple if people would just wake up.
I agree with you 100% on this one. The oil companies learned right after Katrina that US drivers won't bat an eye at $3 a gallon gas. We continue to prove that today. This is economics 101. So long as consupmtion levels remain the same, the price will go up. As soon as consumption starts to drop off, then you'll see pricing changes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.