Hot Rod Forum banner

Gas Tank Plumbing Follow-Up

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Doc68 
#1 ·
Just a quick note on the gas tank installation, etc. In an earlier thread I requested information regarding the height, etc. of adding a second tank to my '28 Ford rat rod. Many good responses with lots of useful information.

I decided to go with a second tank with a fuel valve electric switch between tanks. I did not want to have to worry about tank heights, overflow, etc.

Piece of cake installation. The secondary tank is a bit lower than the first tank but not much--and, of course, that doesn't matter now with the switch. Switch works well. The only problem with the installation was that I installed the valve a bit high for easy access to the fuel filters. Unfortunately, the mechanical fuel pump did not have enough juice to pull the fuel uphill. That was a valuable lesson. If it had been an electric fuel pump, it probably would not have been a problem. I just lowered the valve so gravity could do its work. I now have about 21 gallons of capacity that will make my long California treks much easier to handle.

Thanks again for all the help this group gave on the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.