Hot Rod Forum banner

Gas tank vent line to where?

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  302 Z28 
#1 ·
Where would be the safest place to run the vent line to from a RCI aluminum tank in the trunk. I'm concerned about fumes in case I have to weld under the car.

#5 ·
Hey Willy's , my poly tank also has a roll over valve. I can email you a pic if you need to see it, but I have to mount it some somewhere also higher than the tank. I thought about attaching it to the inside of the fender well. I've seen them there on other cars in this area. Good spot or not?:confused:

#7 ·
Summit Fuel Cell

I have a 20 gallon Summit foam filled aluminum gas tank in the trunk of my 33 Plymouth. It has a vent and a rool over valve vent.

Can the two of those be vented using the same line by using a tee fitting? The two vents are on top as is the fuel fill opening....can the vent line just go through the floor just behind the rear wheel?

#8 ·
I believe the rollover vent is the proper vent fitting and the other is for a possible fuel return line. I will block that off I suppose as I don't need it. As it stands I'm going to run a vent tube to the wheel well area. Unless I can get a definitive answer that tells me otherwise.

#9 ·
According to the information that came with my tank, there are two styles of roll over valves.One is a brass internal vent valve that screws into the tank. A hose is connected to it and the other end is run as high as possible, but higher than the fuel filler neck.

The other is an aluminum remote mount roll over vent valve. It is connected to the fitting on the tank with a hose and must be mounted in a verticle position, again as high as possible, but higher than the filler neck.

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.