Gas Thieves!!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gas Thieves!!!!

Alright....here's the story...and I AM p!ssed about it!
Friday afternoon: leave for work, sstop at the gas station for a Mt Dew on the way to work, noticed the gas lid on the VW was popped open, I went to push it shut and noticed that the tab that latches it was bent...hmmm? Fixed quickly, got Dew, went to work(1/2 - 3/4 tank of gas)
Friday night: Leave work to go home....everything was normal, get home, gas gauge same as before....cool!
Saturday: run some errands, no big deal, gas close to 1/2 tank...normal
Sunday afternoon: Go to grandparents house about 4 blocks away, visit with them for a little while, go to store 1/2 tank of gas...come home and watch some movies, go to bed about 2am.
Monday morning: Wife gets up to take the boy to a friends house...noticed gas light was on and tank was friggin' empty...go to gas station to put in fuel and noticed gas lid was pryed open and cap was missing!
Called police and made out report...he tells me there is nothing that they can do about it but to call them if I see anything unusual...
I proceed to tell him that it was unusual to find my gas gone overnight and will take matters into my own hands if they are caught in the act...police doesn't encourage that behavior, but it is my word against the thief's....
4 foot crowbar to the middle of the back in maybe a broken arm/leg or crushed nutsack will teach them to steal anything of mine ever again....
Gas isn't that expensive to get your *** handed to you and then go to jail over!
Later,
WEIMER(just had to ****** about it)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Dream as if you'll live 4ever

Last photo:

I'd set up a camera to see if I could catch them in the act.
With an empty tank of course.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:15 AM

if this is a re occuring thing, I say fill the tank with cynide.

Henry
Old 01-27-2004, 08:31 AM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I had a similar experience with people stealing gas from me. I had a 5 gallon gas can on my trailer for my equipment use. I would fill this can up once a week, I don't use more than 5 gallons a week. Well my can started to end up empty every other day so I switched my gas cans around and put a 2 stoke fuel can in its place, 5 gallons worth. The next morning when I was leaving my house I checked my can and it was empty and low and behold there were 2 kids pushing there car down the street. I guess 2 stroke fuel and cars just don't get along, I mixed it extra rich just for them.

BTW, I haven't had a problem with people stealing gas since then.

Better yet, maybe you should conveniently leave a gas can out for the gas thieves, fill it with gas, sugar, a little sand or something else that motors just love.

Last edited by onebadmerc; 01-27-2004 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 AM

Last edited by Gen3_with_455; 07-19-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

When I was younger I had someone break into my car and steal the nut that holds on the steering wheel. They put the horn button back on and made it look normal. I started her up and put it in gear and off came the steering wheel. Just think if it came off while doing 55 down the road. Very bad joke. Never had any enemies ( except the town bully) that I know of.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Burns me up totally too. I though of stuff like taping razor blades to the gas cap but never did it. When I was going to college, guys kept breaking into our dorm room and stealing our candy stash. My roomie got real tired of that and went out on the lawn and collected a handful of ever present rabbit droppings. Then he spent the entire evening wrapping the pellets in Nestle's chocolate. He put the creations into a Milk Duds box, put the box on the top of our candy stash and went to class. When we got back, sure enough, the candy was stolen but that is the last time we ever had that problem!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:31 PM
I fight what you f33r!

Last photo:

unless it happens again, you really can't waste your time worrying about it
Old 01-27-2004, 10:35 PM
you talkin to me?

buy a locking gas cap or put antiseize on the cap or something that will stain there hands.
i would watch the neighborhood kids it is most likely someone that lives near you if they keep going to you for gas.
but i do like the cyanide idea
Old 01-28-2004, 07:56 AM

Last photo:

If you have a webcam, I have a software package that turns it into a motion detector. I had mine set up to watch my car in the parking lot of my old apartments I used to live in.

You can set it up to mask out everything else around your car that would detect movement. When it detects movement in the specified range, it will record as a movie file, take still frames at intervals, start a program, play a sound file, or even call your cell phone or pager (as long as you aren't on the net at the time through dial up)

It's called GOTCHA and it's spyware. If you want a full version copy, PM me. Good Luck finding them.

MoocH
Old 01-29-2004, 02:03 AM

Last photo:

A 5-gallon gas can with 4.5 gallons of water and a half gallon of gasoline floating on top, left out in the open for all to see.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:53 AM

Last photo:

wow someone with the same last name
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmerc
I had a similar experience with people stealing gas from me. I had a 5 gallon gas can on my trailer for my equipment use. I would fill this can up once a week, I don't use more than 5 gallons a week. Well my can started to end up empty every other day so I switched my gas cans around and put a 2 stoke fuel can in its place, 5 gallons worth. The next morning when I was leaving my house I checked my can and it was empty and low and behold there were 2 kids pushing there car down the street. I guess 2 stroke fuel and cars just don't get along, I mixed it extra rich just for them.
Classic

Soak a rag in "sliver nitrate" and USING GLOVES put it over the gas cap - - - - - IF they touch this rag, they will have a brown stain on their hands that can't be removed any way except by wearing it off
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

gas theives

Someone was stealing tractor gas, My dad mixed sugar and put the stuff in the tractor at the end of farming season. A few weeks later a couple kids stole gas and it gummed up their engine. easy to tell who did it. before reusing the tractors , he rinsed the tanks a couple times and used the contaminated stuff to burn weeds. There is a guy a few miles away still known as Diesel Dave. 50 years later, his car blew white smoke for a while then didn't want to run. The farm kids knew diesel smells different.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Country Farmer Ingenuity

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.