Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gear pattern check
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Last journal entry: First Entry 82' Camaro Z28 Project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Murphy's law is in effect LOL! Off topic but the way things have been in the last few weeks has been indescribable. I spent an entire morning last week bailing buckets of water in our living room after the roofers ripped off our roof and then it rained for 3 days straight. What a nightmare!

Back on track, I think everything is fine on this setup but it's only a starting point for my experience to look back on and compare it to. The backlash turned out in spec and the pattern is the best I could get it to. I tore down and reset with different shims at least 20 times just to try and get a feel for the work.

So if I wasn't setting the preload on the pinion or carrier (which I read you can't really determine on the carrier anyway) there is always going to be that initial thought of hesitation until it's in the car and tested and good to go,, but I'm confident under the circumstances it's as good as I could get it.