Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Gearvenders
Thread: Gearvenders
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I've got a shorty glide but it's got the straight cut, billet plan, with the unbolt rear shaft. Stock case, with Coan internals and it's pretty fresh. From what I've found, the GV will run me $3000 to $3500 for the shorty. I could sell the trans and build a 200R4 but that looks like a chunk of change also. My glide has a pro brake valve body that I'd have to change and I'd have to go with a manual shift valve body which I don't like. The 200R4 could be set up to shift on it's own, but with around 650 hp, and more later I don't know about the 200R4. You don't see hardly anything in Summit or Jeg's for them. You have to go to Art Carr, or someone that builds them and then another $250 in shipping, plus some of them want a core. Coan advised me to steer away from the 200R4, and so did the guy that does my trannys. I don't want the 4L80, so I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this once. My glide has a 1.80 1st gear, the 200R4 ratio's look good for my heavy 72 chevelle, but if I have a problem, I don't want to have to ship it back to who knows where. It was a whole lot easier drag racing. Not near as much to think about.